Sports Briefs

Women’s Tennis

The Hurricanes concluded day two of the Georgia Tech Invitational with three singles wins and two doubles wins at the Bill Moore Tennis Center in Atlanta, Ga., on Saturday. On day one, the sixth-ranked senior Laura Vallverdu defeated the second-ranked Chelsey Gullickson, helping the Hurricanes end with six singles wins and two doubles wins.

Men’s Tennis

On Saturday, senior David Simon defeated two separate opponents to improve to a 3-0 singles record as part of the University of Illinois’ Olympia Fields Country Club Fighting Illini Invitational.  Senior Hector Nieto split two games, making his record 2-1.

Women’s Soccer

On Friday, the Hurricanes (5-3-0) defeated the Ole Miss Rebels (5-2-0) Friday night at Cobb Stadium with a 2-0 score. Juniors Barbara Blocker and Brittney Macdonald scored the two goals of the night for Miami.  Sophomore keeper Vikki Alonzo tied the Hurricanes’ all-time career mark of 14 shutouts and made six saves throughout the night.

Cross Country

The men’s and women’s team traveled to Gainesville, Fla., to compete in the  Mountain Dew Invitational where both teams placed in impressive top-10 finishes.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...