Milov remains in Ryder Trauma Center

Bianca Milov, the 20-year-old University of Miami student who was involved in an accident with a Coral Gables street sweeper Sept. 11, remains in the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, according to Dr. Patricia A. Whitely, the vice president for student affairs.

Milov, a member of the university’s Delta Phi Epsilon chapter, was hit by the street sweeper around 1 a.m. on the 4000 block of Aurora St. and was reportedly dragged by the vehicle approximately 100 ft.

She has been in intensive care since the accident.

Members of Delta Phi Epsilon have been prohibited from speaking about the situation and therefore could not comment.

Whitely said she spoke to Milov’s family, and they appreciated the outpouring of support and love from the university community and her many friends.

“We continue to remain hopeful and I am in touch with her parents each and everyday,” Whitely said. “It’s going to be a long journey back.”

Megan Terilli

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Milov remains in Ryder Trauma Center”

1. Anonymous says:

Was anyone with her. It’s reported she was coming out of the restaurant. Anyone who knows any info on how it happened. Pray she gets well.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...