Miami Playboy model discusses experiences

Alexandra Ford is the University of Miami representative for the “Girls of the ACC” spread in Playboy currently available at newsstands.

The Miami Hurricane: What sparked your interest in posing for Playboy?
Alexandra Ford:  I have always loved Playboy. It has a lot of interesting and beautiful girls. So when my sister saw the advertisement in the Sun-Sentinel that said they were looking for co-eds to audition she told me. I went and I got a call back.
TMH: What were the auditions like?
Ford: You got to pick your own time. The set was for half an hour and you didn’t see any other co-eds, that way you felt comfortable.
TMH: What do you think made Playboy interested in you?
Ford: I am energetic and I laugh at a lot. I am also shy at times.
TMH: How do you feel about the end result of the photo shoot?
Ford: I loved it and want more pictures. If you want more pictures you can apply to be part of the Playboy Cyber Club online.
TMH: How do your parents feel about you being in Playboy?
Ford: My dad is pumped, he is telling all of his friends. My mom says that I am an adult and can do what I want.
TMH: Are you interested in modeling again?
Ford: If Playboy calls me again, I will. I am ready to take the next step.
TMH: What are your career aspirations?
Ford: I want to be a vet for marine mammals and work by the water with dolphins and sea lions. I can be in a bathing suit all day. My main focus is school and animals. If more opportunities came up to model that would be awesome.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...