Miami Playboy model discusses experiences

Alexandra Ford is the University of Miami representative for the “Girls of the ACC” spread in Playboy currently available at newsstands.

The Miami Hurricane: What sparked your interest in posing for Playboy?
Alexandra Ford:  I have always loved Playboy. It has a lot of interesting and beautiful girls. So when my sister saw the advertisement in the Sun-Sentinel that said they were looking for co-eds to audition she told me. I went and I got a call back.
TMH: What were the auditions like?
Ford: You got to pick your own time. The set was for half an hour and you didn’t see any other co-eds, that way you felt comfortable.
TMH: What do you think made Playboy interested in you?
Ford: I am energetic and I laugh at a lot. I am also shy at times.
TMH: How do you feel about the end result of the photo shoot?
Ford: I loved it and want more pictures. If you want more pictures you can apply to be part of the Playboy Cyber Club online.
TMH: How do your parents feel about you being in Playboy?
Ford: My dad is pumped, he is telling all of his friends. My mom says that I am an adult and can do what I want.
TMH: Are you interested in modeling again?
Ford: If Playboy calls me again, I will. I am ready to take the next step.
TMH: What are your career aspirations?
Ford: I want to be a vet for marine mammals and work by the water with dolphins and sea lions. I can be in a bathing suit all day. My main focus is school and animals. If more opportunities came up to model that would be awesome.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Happy Thanksgiving! I started this while I was sitting in Washington-Dulles Airport awaiting my seco ...

This is how extraordinary the University of Miami football season has been: When the Hurricanes won ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes nuggets on Thanksgiving: • There’s no doubt that UM’s home field advantage ...

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The tournament will be played in Southern California next November 22, 23 and 25. ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...