Miami Playboy model discusses experiences

Alexandra Ford is the University of Miami representative for the “Girls of the ACC” spread in Playboy currently available at newsstands.

The Miami Hurricane: What sparked your interest in posing for Playboy?
Alexandra Ford:  I have always loved Playboy. It has a lot of interesting and beautiful girls. So when my sister saw the advertisement in the Sun-Sentinel that said they were looking for co-eds to audition she told me. I went and I got a call back.
TMH: What were the auditions like?
Ford: You got to pick your own time. The set was for half an hour and you didn’t see any other co-eds, that way you felt comfortable.
TMH: What do you think made Playboy interested in you?
Ford: I am energetic and I laugh at a lot. I am also shy at times.
TMH: How do you feel about the end result of the photo shoot?
Ford: I loved it and want more pictures. If you want more pictures you can apply to be part of the Playboy Cyber Club online.
TMH: How do your parents feel about you being in Playboy?
Ford: My dad is pumped, he is telling all of his friends. My mom says that I am an adult and can do what I want.
TMH: Are you interested in modeling again?
Ford: If Playboy calls me again, I will. I am ready to take the next step.
TMH: What are your career aspirations?
Ford: I want to be a vet for marine mammals and work by the water with dolphins and sea lions. I can be in a bathing suit all day. My main focus is school and animals. If more opportunities came up to model that would be awesome.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...