Football

Jacory Harris earns weekly honors

For the second time in as many games, sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris has been named Atlantic Coast Confernce Offensive Back of the Week after his performance against No. 14 Georgia Tech Thursday night. Harris completed 80 percent of his passes while tossing for 270 yards and three touchdowns.

Harris earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after his week-one performance against No. 18 Florida State. He threw for a career-high 386 yards in a thrilling 38-34 win.

The ACC also announced that the time of the Miami vs. Oklahoma game on Oct. 3 will either be at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. The time will be finalized on Sunday.

No. 9 Miami travels to Blacksburg, Va., to battle Coastal division foe No. 11 Virginia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...