Football

Jacory Harris earns weekly honors

For the second time in as many games, sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris has been named Atlantic Coast Confernce Offensive Back of the Week after his performance against No. 14 Georgia Tech Thursday night. Harris completed 80 percent of his passes while tossing for 270 yards and three touchdowns.

Harris earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after his week-one performance against No. 18 Florida State. He threw for a career-high 386 yards in a thrilling 38-34 win.

The ACC also announced that the time of the Miami vs. Oklahoma game on Oct. 3 will either be at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. The time will be finalized on Sunday.

No. 9 Miami travels to Blacksburg, Va., to battle Coastal division foe No. 11 Virginia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...