Football

Jacory Harris earns weekly honors

For the second time in as many games, sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris has been named Atlantic Coast Confernce Offensive Back of the Week after his performance against No. 14 Georgia Tech Thursday night. Harris completed 80 percent of his passes while tossing for 270 yards and three touchdowns.

Harris earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after his week-one performance against No. 18 Florida State. He threw for a career-high 386 yards in a thrilling 38-34 win.

The ACC also announced that the time of the Miami vs. Oklahoma game on Oct. 3 will either be at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. The time will be finalized on Sunday.

No. 9 Miami travels to Blacksburg, Va., to battle Coastal division foe No. 11 Virginia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...