Football

Jacory Harris earns weekly honors

For the second time in as many games, sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris has been named Atlantic Coast Confernce Offensive Back of the Week after his performance against No. 14 Georgia Tech Thursday night. Harris completed 80 percent of his passes while tossing for 270 yards and three touchdowns.

Harris earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after his week-one performance against No. 18 Florida State. He threw for a career-high 386 yards in a thrilling 38-34 win.

The ACC also announced that the time of the Miami vs. Oklahoma game on Oct. 3 will either be at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. The time will be finalized on Sunday.

No. 9 Miami travels to Blacksburg, Va., to battle Coastal division foe No. 11 Virginia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...