Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf

Junior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes to a 16th-place finish at the Duramed Cougar Classic in Harahan, S.C. The Hurricanes will travel to Lexington, Ky., to take part in the Bettie Lou Evans Fall Invitational starting on Sept. 25.

Football

The Miami Hurricanes will play the Virginia Tech Hokies at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 26. The game will take place in Blacksburg , Va., and air on ABC.

Volleyball

UM will travel to the state capital this weekend to battle Florida State and Notre Dame in the Seminole Tri-Match Tournament. The game against FSU will be on Friday at 6:00 p.m. while the game against the Fighting Irish will be Saturday at 2:00 p.m.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...