Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf

Junior Maria Ronderos led the Hurricanes to a 16th-place finish at the Duramed Cougar Classic in Harahan, S.C. The Hurricanes will travel to Lexington, Ky., to take part in the Bettie Lou Evans Fall Invitational starting on Sept. 25.

Football

The Miami Hurricanes will play the Virginia Tech Hokies at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 26. The game will take place in Blacksburg , Va., and air on ABC.

Volleyball

UM will travel to the state capital this weekend to battle Florida State and Notre Dame in the Seminole Tri-Match Tournament. The game against FSU will be on Friday at 6:00 p.m. while the game against the Fighting Irish will be Saturday at 2:00 p.m.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...