Football

Canes rout Yellow Jackets 33-17

LaRon Byrd slips past the secondary for Miami's first touchdown in a 33-17 victory over Georgia Tech.

Wide receiver LaRon Byrd slips past the Yellow Jackets' secondary for Miami's first touchdown in a 33-17 victory over Georgia Tech Thursday night.

No. 20 Miami upset No. 14 Georgia Tech 33-17 on Thursday night at Land Shark Stadium in the home season opener.
Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw for 270 yards and three touchdowns, while the defense held the Yellow Jackets’ spread option attack to just 228 total yards.

The Hurricanes (2-0, 2-0) snapped a four-game losing skid to Georgia Tech (2-1, 1-1), and now stand alone atop the Atlantic Coast Conference Coastal Division.

Stay tuned for an in-depth analysis of the game.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...