Football

Canes rout Yellow Jackets 33-17

LaRon Byrd slips past the secondary for Miami's first touchdown in a 33-17 victory over Georgia Tech.

Wide receiver LaRon Byrd slips past the Yellow Jackets' secondary for Miami's first touchdown in a 33-17 victory over Georgia Tech Thursday night.

No. 20 Miami upset No. 14 Georgia Tech 33-17 on Thursday night at Land Shark Stadium in the home season opener.
Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw for 270 yards and three touchdowns, while the defense held the Yellow Jackets’ spread option attack to just 228 total yards.

The Hurricanes (2-0, 2-0) snapped a four-game losing skid to Georgia Tech (2-1, 1-1), and now stand alone atop the Atlantic Coast Conference Coastal Division.

Stay tuned for an in-depth analysis of the game.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...