Student in intensive care due to street sweeper accident

A University of Miami student, Bianca Milov, was identified as the pedestrian struck by a Coral Gables street sweeper around 1 a.m Friday.

Milov, originally from Livingston, N.J., was hit at the 4000 block of Aurora Street.

“The University of Miami community is terribly saddened to hear of a serious injury sustained by a member of the university family,” Karla Hernandez said in a statement sent to CBS 4. “Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Pat Whitely and the UM Miller School of Medicine team have been in touch with the family to offer our unwavering support during this difficult time.”

Sgt. Jannette Frevola of the Coral Gables Police Department could not comment on the incident citing an ongoing investigation. According to the official news release from the department no further information is available at this time.

The 20 year old is being treated at the Ryder Trauma Center’s Intensive Care Unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for the latest updates on this story.

Megan Terilli

Online Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Student in intensive care due to street sweeper accident”

1. Amanda says:

I was also wondering if there were any updates?

2. Melissa says:

Are there any updates to this story yet?

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...