Student in intensive care due to street sweeper accident

A University of Miami student, Bianca Milov, was identified as the pedestrian struck by a Coral Gables street sweeper around 1 a.m Friday.

Milov, originally from Livingston, N.J., was hit at the 4000 block of Aurora Street.

“The University of Miami community is terribly saddened to hear of a serious injury sustained by a member of the university family,” Karla Hernandez said in a statement sent to CBS 4. “Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Pat Whitely and the UM Miller School of Medicine team have been in touch with the family to offer our unwavering support during this difficult time.”

Sgt. Jannette Frevola of the Coral Gables Police Department could not comment on the incident citing an ongoing investigation. According to the official news release from the department no further information is available at this time.

The 20 year old is being treated at the Ryder Trauma Center’s Intensive Care Unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for the latest updates on this story.

Megan Terilli

Online Editor

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...