Study: smart women have better sex

King’s College in London conducted a study that shows emotionally smart women enjoy better sex lives and are more likely to experience orgasms than other women.

The study had 2,000 women, ages 18-83, rate their ability to reach orgasm. These women also answered an “Emotional Intelligence” (EI) questionnaire.

This questionnaire had the participants give answers to hypothetical situations.

“EI is properly recognizing our own emotions as well as emotions in other people and accurately dealing with such,” said University of Miami Professor Franklin Foote, a sex therapist and licensed psychologist.

Foote continued to say he was not surprised at how this study reported a link between EI and the ability to reach orgasm.

According to Foote, there are significant ties between EI and female sexual satisfaction, as women report emotional intimacy to be the main aspect they require in order to be sexually satisfied.

Men also report a need for emotional intimacy, but the demand is more notable in women.

Furthermore, there are more cases of females being unable to orgasm when compared to men, making this case even more significant in women.

Approximately 30 percent of women find it hard or impossible to reach orgasms during sex, and the King’s College study found that women with high EI report twice as many orgasms than other women.

The controversy lies with whether or not EI can be considered a personality trait or be categorized as a kind of intelligence.

“Emotional intelligence seems to have a direct impact on women’s sexual functioning by influencing her ability to communicate her sexual expectations and desires to her partner,” Andrea Burri, the main conductor of the study in King’s College, said to the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

Irene Daboin

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...