Parking still available at Red Road Commons

Freshmen looking to bring a car to Miami may now have a new option in Red Road Commons, the apartment complex  recently opened near the university.

While a number of students now live at Red Road Commons, the apartment is offering parking spaces for anyone who would like to rent one.

This includes 2009 freshmen who are not allowed to purchase a parking spot on campus.

Red Road Commons is conveniently located close to campus, near the intersection of US-1 and Red Road, yet it is still a five-to-10 minute walk from the freshmen dorms.

Originally, students moving into Red Road Commons believed there would be a University of Miami Hurry ‘Cane shuttle taking them directly from their apartments to campus.

However, this does not look like it will be the case. An employee for the Department of Parking and Transportation said there were no plans for a shuttle to Red Road Commons.

For freshmen seeking parking or any student willing to brave the short walk, there are a number of parking spaces still available.

Most of the spaces are not covered, but all are in a secure lot and the prices have been fluctuating.

A covered spot can be rented for $100 a month and an uncovered one for $90.

Those interested in a spot may e-mail redroadpark@laramarapts.com for further information.

Claire Wolford

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...