Parking still available at Red Road Commons

Freshmen looking to bring a car to Miami may now have a new option in Red Road Commons, the apartment complex  recently opened near the university.

While a number of students now live at Red Road Commons, the apartment is offering parking spaces for anyone who would like to rent one.

This includes 2009 freshmen who are not allowed to purchase a parking spot on campus.

Red Road Commons is conveniently located close to campus, near the intersection of US-1 and Red Road, yet it is still a five-to-10 minute walk from the freshmen dorms.

Originally, students moving into Red Road Commons believed there would be a University of Miami Hurry ‘Cane shuttle taking them directly from their apartments to campus.

However, this does not look like it will be the case. An employee for the Department of Parking and Transportation said there were no plans for a shuttle to Red Road Commons.

For freshmen seeking parking or any student willing to brave the short walk, there are a number of parking spaces still available.

Most of the spaces are not covered, but all are in a secure lot and the prices have been fluctuating.

A covered spot can be rented for $100 a month and an uncovered one for $90.

Those interested in a spot may e-mail redroadpark@laramarapts.com for further information.

Claire Wolford

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...