Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball

Head coach Frank Haith, now beginning his sixth year at Miami, has unveiled this season’s schedule. It includes 15 games against 2009 postseason participants. The Hurricanes host Atlantic Coast Conference foes Duke and Wake Forest, while traveling to the Dean Dome to take on the reigning national champions, the North Carolina Tar Heels.

Men’s Tennis

Luigi D’Agord, a former Hurricanes star, will compete in the U.S. Open Qualifying Tournament at the USTA National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y. He was named the ACC Player of the Year twice as a student-athlete, and he was also a four-time All-American. D’Agord had back-to-back undefeated seasons in 2006 and 2007.

Also participating in the tournament are alumni Mike Russell and Todd Widom. They were ranked as high as No. 60 and No. 200, respectively, in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).

Baseball

Former Hurricanes Jemile Weeks and Yonder Alonso have been selected to play in the Arizona Fall League, an off-season league composed of Major League Baseball top prospects.

Women’s Volleyball

The Hurricanes are set to host its opening invitational match this weekend against Florida Gulf Coast, Prairie View A&M, and South Florida. Last season, the Hurricanes opened 13-0, including winning three tournament championships in Coral Gables, San Francisco and San Marco, Texas. All games this weekend can be heard on the student radio station at UM, 90.5 FM.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...