Kid Cudi will party at LIV this Friday

As if there weren’t enough reasons to visit LIV, one of Miami’s trendiest nightclubs, the venue now boasts the appearance of the rising star rapper Kid Cudi this Friday. Fans will be thrilled with the opportunity to actually mix and mingle with the rapper and party all night long to his dance hall hits like “Day ‘n’ Night.”

Accompanied by DJ Marshall Barnes, his mix style resembles and blends with Cudi’s music and will make for a great Friday night soundtrack. Jimmy Vargas, Director of Sales & Marketing at LIV, confirmed that Cudi will play three or four tracks from his new album and hang around before and after his performance.

Even with the venue’s selectiveness, University of Miami students still plan on trying to see him. “Of course I would go see him at LIV,” says fan Alex Leon. “Kid Cudi is simply the man.”

Famous for his unusual beats and his collaboration with Kanye West on songs like “Make Her Say” and the lyrics on Kanye’s album 808s and Heartbreak, Kid Cudi moved from the underground spotlight to a mainstream audience by infusing hip hop with funky retro sounds and creative lyrics. His debut album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, will drop September 15 and will feature collaborations with artists like Common, MGMT and of course, Kanye.

“His music is just something different. His flow—it’s creative and melodic,” said sophomore Winston Bernard when asked why he loves Cudi’s music.

Says Vargas, “We expect a massive turn out on Friday for the Kid Cudi performance at LIV. I think the timing of having UM and all the schools back in session will make for a memorable evening along Kid Cudi’s performance.

If You Go

Who: Kid Cudi

Where: LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel, 4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach

When: Friday, August 29, 2009

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...