Kid Cudi will party at LIV this Friday

As if there weren’t enough reasons to visit LIV, one of Miami’s trendiest nightclubs, the venue now boasts the appearance of the rising star rapper Kid Cudi this Friday. Fans will be thrilled with the opportunity to actually mix and mingle with the rapper and party all night long to his dance hall hits like “Day ‘n’ Night.”

Accompanied by DJ Marshall Barnes, his mix style resembles and blends with Cudi’s music and will make for a great Friday night soundtrack. Jimmy Vargas, Director of Sales & Marketing at LIV, confirmed that Cudi will play three or four tracks from his new album and hang around before and after his performance.

Even with the venue’s selectiveness, University of Miami students still plan on trying to see him. “Of course I would go see him at LIV,” says fan Alex Leon. “Kid Cudi is simply the man.”

Famous for his unusual beats and his collaboration with Kanye West on songs like “Make Her Say” and the lyrics on Kanye’s album 808s and Heartbreak, Kid Cudi moved from the underground spotlight to a mainstream audience by infusing hip hop with funky retro sounds and creative lyrics. His debut album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, will drop September 15 and will feature collaborations with artists like Common, MGMT and of course, Kanye.

“His music is just something different. His flow—it’s creative and melodic,” said sophomore Winston Bernard when asked why he loves Cudi’s music.

Says Vargas, “We expect a massive turn out on Friday for the Kid Cudi performance at LIV. I think the timing of having UM and all the schools back in session will make for a memorable evening along Kid Cudi’s performance.

If You Go

Who: Kid Cudi

Where: LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel, 4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach

When: Friday, August 29, 2009

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...