Kid Cudi will party at LIV this Friday

As if there weren’t enough reasons to visit LIV, one of Miami’s trendiest nightclubs, the venue now boasts the appearance of the rising star rapper Kid Cudi this Friday. Fans will be thrilled with the opportunity to actually mix and mingle with the rapper and party all night long to his dance hall hits like “Day ‘n’ Night.”

Accompanied by DJ Marshall Barnes, his mix style resembles and blends with Cudi’s music and will make for a great Friday night soundtrack. Jimmy Vargas, Director of Sales & Marketing at LIV, confirmed that Cudi will play three or four tracks from his new album and hang around before and after his performance.

Even with the venue’s selectiveness, University of Miami students still plan on trying to see him. “Of course I would go see him at LIV,” says fan Alex Leon. “Kid Cudi is simply the man.”

Famous for his unusual beats and his collaboration with Kanye West on songs like “Make Her Say” and the lyrics on Kanye’s album 808s and Heartbreak, Kid Cudi moved from the underground spotlight to a mainstream audience by infusing hip hop with funky retro sounds and creative lyrics. His debut album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, will drop September 15 and will feature collaborations with artists like Common, MGMT and of course, Kanye.

“His music is just something different. His flow—it’s creative and melodic,” said sophomore Winston Bernard when asked why he loves Cudi’s music.

Says Vargas, “We expect a massive turn out on Friday for the Kid Cudi performance at LIV. I think the timing of having UM and all the schools back in session will make for a memorable evening along Kid Cudi’s performance.

If You Go

Who: Kid Cudi

Where: LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel, 4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach

When: Friday, August 29, 2009

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...