Kid Cudi will party at LIV this Friday

As if there weren’t enough reasons to visit LIV, one of Miami’s trendiest nightclubs, the venue now boasts the appearance of the rising star rapper Kid Cudi this Friday. Fans will be thrilled with the opportunity to actually mix and mingle with the rapper and party all night long to his dance hall hits like “Day ‘n’ Night.”

Accompanied by DJ Marshall Barnes, his mix style resembles and blends with Cudi’s music and will make for a great Friday night soundtrack. Jimmy Vargas, Director of Sales & Marketing at LIV, confirmed that Cudi will play three or four tracks from his new album and hang around before and after his performance.

Even with the venue’s selectiveness, University of Miami students still plan on trying to see him. “Of course I would go see him at LIV,” says fan Alex Leon. “Kid Cudi is simply the man.”

Famous for his unusual beats and his collaboration with Kanye West on songs like “Make Her Say” and the lyrics on Kanye’s album 808s and Heartbreak, Kid Cudi moved from the underground spotlight to a mainstream audience by infusing hip hop with funky retro sounds and creative lyrics. His debut album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, will drop September 15 and will feature collaborations with artists like Common, MGMT and of course, Kanye.

“His music is just something different. His flow—it’s creative and melodic,” said sophomore Winston Bernard when asked why he loves Cudi’s music.

Says Vargas, “We expect a massive turn out on Friday for the Kid Cudi performance at LIV. I think the timing of having UM and all the schools back in session will make for a memorable evening along Kid Cudi’s performance.

If You Go

Who: Kid Cudi

Where: LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel, 4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach

When: Friday, August 29, 2009

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Five members of the University of Maimi track and field team advanced on Day 1 of the NCAA East Prel ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...