Kid Cudi will party at LIV this Friday

As if there weren’t enough reasons to visit LIV, one of Miami’s trendiest nightclubs, the venue now boasts the appearance of the rising star rapper Kid Cudi this Friday. Fans will be thrilled with the opportunity to actually mix and mingle with the rapper and party all night long to his dance hall hits like “Day ‘n’ Night.”

Accompanied by DJ Marshall Barnes, his mix style resembles and blends with Cudi’s music and will make for a great Friday night soundtrack. Jimmy Vargas, Director of Sales & Marketing at LIV, confirmed that Cudi will play three or four tracks from his new album and hang around before and after his performance.

Even with the venue’s selectiveness, University of Miami students still plan on trying to see him. “Of course I would go see him at LIV,” says fan Alex Leon. “Kid Cudi is simply the man.”

Famous for his unusual beats and his collaboration with Kanye West on songs like “Make Her Say” and the lyrics on Kanye’s album 808s and Heartbreak, Kid Cudi moved from the underground spotlight to a mainstream audience by infusing hip hop with funky retro sounds and creative lyrics. His debut album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, will drop September 15 and will feature collaborations with artists like Common, MGMT and of course, Kanye.

“His music is just something different. His flow—it’s creative and melodic,” said sophomore Winston Bernard when asked why he loves Cudi’s music.

Says Vargas, “We expect a massive turn out on Friday for the Kid Cudi performance at LIV. I think the timing of having UM and all the schools back in session will make for a memorable evening along Kid Cudi’s performance.

If You Go

Who: Kid Cudi

Where: LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel, 4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach

When: Friday, August 29, 2009

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...