Basketball

Men’s basketball schedule released

The men’s basketball team, under sixth-year head coach Frank Haith, unveiled its 2009-2010 schedule. 

Miami will host  Atlatic Coast Conference foes Wake Forest and Duke. They will travel to the Dean Dome to take on the defending national champions, the North Carolina Tar Heels on Mar. 2.

Miami faces Minnesota in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Dec. 2 at the BankUnited Center.

Last year, the Hurricanes were 19-13 (7-9) and lost to the Univeristy of Florida in the second round of the NIT. UM will have to replace two-time first team All-ACC guard Jack McClinton who was drafted in the second round by the San Antonio Spurs. Haith brings in another stellar top-25 recruiting class headlined by guard Durand Scott and forward Donnavan Kirk.

For the complete schedule log on to Hurricanesports.com

Justin Antweil

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...