Vincent Cardinal resigns

Vincent Cardinal, former chairman of the theatre arts and producing artistic director of the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre, has resigned from his post.

He is moving to Garden City, N.Y., where he accepted a position as associate dean of performing arts and director of a new performing arts center at Adelphi University.

“It is a wonderful opportunity to take a step up on the academic ladder; it is a very good university with exciting aspirations,” said Cardinal in an e-mail to The Miami Hurricane.

Cardinal was also a resident faculty master for Hecht Residential College and Associate Master for Mahoney in his eight years at UM.

“With an extraordinarily supportive president, world class theatre faculty and staff, and amazingly talented students – it has been a great pleasure to work at UM,” Cardinal said.

While serving as Producing Artistic Director of the Ring Theatre, Cardinal produced 46 co-curricular main stage productions and about 100 productions in the Hecht Studio Theatre.

“I am gratified that the theatre is well supported by both the campus community and the Coral Gables community,” Cardinal said. “Many of our shows sell out completely, which is a tribute to the value of watching talented young people who are learning through production.”

“I am leaving with the confidence that the department and the theatre will continue to thrive in their educational mission,” added Cardinal.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...