Vincent Cardinal resigns

Vincent Cardinal, former chairman of the theatre arts and producing artistic director of the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre, has resigned from his post.

He is moving to Garden City, N.Y., where he accepted a position as associate dean of performing arts and director of a new performing arts center at Adelphi University.

“It is a wonderful opportunity to take a step up on the academic ladder; it is a very good university with exciting aspirations,” said Cardinal in an e-mail to The Miami Hurricane.

Cardinal was also a resident faculty master for Hecht Residential College and Associate Master for Mahoney in his eight years at UM.

“With an extraordinarily supportive president, world class theatre faculty and staff, and amazingly talented students – it has been a great pleasure to work at UM,” Cardinal said.

While serving as Producing Artistic Director of the Ring Theatre, Cardinal produced 46 co-curricular main stage productions and about 100 productions in the Hecht Studio Theatre.

“I am gratified that the theatre is well supported by both the campus community and the Coral Gables community,” Cardinal said. “Many of our shows sell out completely, which is a tribute to the value of watching talented young people who are learning through production.”

“I am leaving with the confidence that the department and the theatre will continue to thrive in their educational mission,” added Cardinal.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...