Vincent Cardinal resigns

Vincent Cardinal, former chairman of the theatre arts and producing artistic director of the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre, has resigned from his post.

He is moving to Garden City, N.Y., where he accepted a position as associate dean of performing arts and director of a new performing arts center at Adelphi University.

“It is a wonderful opportunity to take a step up on the academic ladder; it is a very good university with exciting aspirations,” said Cardinal in an e-mail to The Miami Hurricane.

Cardinal was also a resident faculty master for Hecht Residential College and Associate Master for Mahoney in his eight years at UM.

“With an extraordinarily supportive president, world class theatre faculty and staff, and amazingly talented students – it has been a great pleasure to work at UM,” Cardinal said.

While serving as Producing Artistic Director of the Ring Theatre, Cardinal produced 46 co-curricular main stage productions and about 100 productions in the Hecht Studio Theatre.

“I am gratified that the theatre is well supported by both the campus community and the Coral Gables community,” Cardinal said. “Many of our shows sell out completely, which is a tribute to the value of watching talented young people who are learning through production.”

“I am leaving with the confidence that the department and the theatre will continue to thrive in their educational mission,” added Cardinal.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...