Vincent Cardinal resigns

Vincent Cardinal, former chairman of the theatre arts and producing artistic director of the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre, has resigned from his post.

He is moving to Garden City, N.Y., where he accepted a position as associate dean of performing arts and director of a new performing arts center at Adelphi University.

“It is a wonderful opportunity to take a step up on the academic ladder; it is a very good university with exciting aspirations,” said Cardinal in an e-mail to The Miami Hurricane.

Cardinal was also a resident faculty master for Hecht Residential College and Associate Master for Mahoney in his eight years at UM.

“With an extraordinarily supportive president, world class theatre faculty and staff, and amazingly talented students – it has been a great pleasure to work at UM,” Cardinal said.

While serving as Producing Artistic Director of the Ring Theatre, Cardinal produced 46 co-curricular main stage productions and about 100 productions in the Hecht Studio Theatre.

“I am gratified that the theatre is well supported by both the campus community and the Coral Gables community,” Cardinal said. “Many of our shows sell out completely, which is a tribute to the value of watching talented young people who are learning through production.”

“I am leaving with the confidence that the department and the theatre will continue to thrive in their educational mission,” added Cardinal.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...