UM wins Budgetball Tournament in DC

The Miami Hurricanes budgetball team came in first place at the tournament in Washington, DC this year in a tournament that started on June 13 and ended on June 17.

Budgetball is a new and innovative sport, aiming to spread awareness concerning the national debt and to promote discussions and debates regarding the nation’s economic future.

The Miami Hurricane Budgetball team consisted of nine players with Lucas Sommer as the team captain.

The team was able to succeed without too much prior preparation. Sommer read the rules of the game and developed a strategy to apply on the court in order to gain the highest possible points.

The strategy consisted of a specific set up, routines and maneuvers to play the ball in their favor.

“We enjoy budgetball because it tries to contain an educational component. We also enjoyed the prizes, free food and travel,” Sommer said.

The team competed with confidence and cooperation, proving that entrepreneurs are the best at fixing the current recession and changing the economic policy in America.

Elena Kouumdjiev

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...