UM wins Budgetball Tournament in DC

The Miami Hurricanes budgetball team came in first place at the tournament in Washington, DC this year in a tournament that started on June 13 and ended on June 17.

Budgetball is a new and innovative sport, aiming to spread awareness concerning the national debt and to promote discussions and debates regarding the nation’s economic future.

The Miami Hurricane Budgetball team consisted of nine players with Lucas Sommer as the team captain.

The team was able to succeed without too much prior preparation. Sommer read the rules of the game and developed a strategy to apply on the court in order to gain the highest possible points.

The strategy consisted of a specific set up, routines and maneuvers to play the ball in their favor.

“We enjoy budgetball because it tries to contain an educational component. We also enjoyed the prizes, free food and travel,” Sommer said.

The team competed with confidence and cooperation, proving that entrepreneurs are the best at fixing the current recession and changing the economic policy in America.

Elena Kouumdjiev

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...