Renovated stadium now up to par with nation’s elite

During the first week of October 2005, the first of three phases of construction began on the newly christened Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Now, a little more than three years later, renovations were finished in time for the 2008 season opener against Rutgers.

New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who initially signed a letter of intent to play at UM, donated $3.9 million towards the project.

Last season, permanent concession stands were finished in time for postseason play. Three floors have been recently completed behind the grand stand: the first houses the coaches’ locker room, clubhouse, merchandise center and weight room, while the second contains a conference room. The third has a press box with a suite on either side, each with a balcony.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...