UM No. 50 in US News and World Report’s Ranking

The University of Miami was ranked No. 50 in the 2010 edition of US News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”

UM has risen 17 slots in the last eight years and has shown large improvements in four areas that total 33 percent of the ranking formula.

These four areas include the SAT scores of incoming freshmen, the amount of incoming freshmen in the top 10 percentage of their class, a six-year graduation rate and a freshman retention rate, which is at 90 percent.

For more information on the US News and World Report’s ranking read Monday’s issue of The Miami Hurricane.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...