UM No. 50 in US News and World Report’s Ranking

The University of Miami was ranked No. 50 in the 2010 edition of US News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”

UM has risen 17 slots in the last eight years and has shown large improvements in four areas that total 33 percent of the ranking formula.

These four areas include the SAT scores of incoming freshmen, the amount of incoming freshmen in the top 10 percentage of their class, a six-year graduation rate and a freshman retention rate, which is at 90 percent.

For more information on the US News and World Report’s ranking read Monday’s issue of The Miami Hurricane.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...