UM No. 50 in US News and World Report’s Ranking

The University of Miami was ranked No. 50 in the 2010 edition of US News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”

UM has risen 17 slots in the last eight years and has shown large improvements in four areas that total 33 percent of the ranking formula.

These four areas include the SAT scores of incoming freshmen, the amount of incoming freshmen in the top 10 percentage of their class, a six-year graduation rate and a freshman retention rate, which is at 90 percent.

For more information on the US News and World Report’s ranking read Monday’s issue of The Miami Hurricane.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...