Where to study on campus and make the grades

The University of Miami offers a variety of indoor academic facilities for studying. However, Miami’s tropical climate makes studying on the campus’ grassy fields and outdoor recreational areas a popular activity among Hurricanes.

Cushioned swinging tables, vast tree-lined fields and the outdoor sitting area at Starbucks are just a few places where students go to study on campus.

“I like to study outside of the library or on the UC Patio,” senior Monica Castro said.

UM’s Otto G. Richter Library has nine floors and is equipped with individual workstations and computers, conference rooms and comfortable lounge areas. Floors four through nine are known as the “stacks” and have private cubicles for studying purposes.

“I usually study at Richter Library,” senior Alexandra Fernandez said. “I like the second floor or the study rooms. It is very quiet.”

Starbucks, located next to the library, provides indoor and outdoor seating areas. Nearby electronic outlets are available for laptop or other electronic use.

Surrounding Lake Osceola, which sits in the center of campus, are two outdoor lounge areas, ideal for both recreational and academic activities.

In each residential college there are study rooms as well as state-of-the-art computer labs. Most major academic buildings on campus also house labs that offer academic resources to study or complete homework.

Students like senior Stephanie Fravel enjoy studying at the Martin and Austin Weeks Music Library, located in the Frost School of Music.

“It is really quiet and there are always open computers,” she said. “And, it also overlooks the lake.”

Camila Martin

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...