Opportunities available to reach the top achievements

The Office of Academic Enhancement (OAE) was established in 2007 to be an academic support system for all undergraduate students at the University of Miami. The mission of the OAE is to create a culture of learning across the campus that will enhance your success as a student by providing academic opportunities outside of the traditional classroom.

With our diverse range of services, we are here to assist every student with their academic ambitions.

Several of our programs are centered in the university’s residential colleges, which enables students to receive academic programming and resources right in their dorm.

Have a quick scheduling question or perhaps a more complicated career concern?

Visit one of our Academic & Career Advisors in Residence (ACAR) located downstairs in the Hecht, Stanford and Pearson Residential Colleges. The ACARs are available Monday through Friday during walk-in advising hours or by scheduling an appointment.

Unique academic careers of highly talented undergraduates by way of the University’s Honors Program and Prestigious Awards & Fellowships initiative are also addressed by the OAE.

The university’s Honors Program provides an academically challenging course of study for outstanding undergraduate students, drawing students from all academic majors who seek interactive learning and discussion within smaller classes. Honors Program students graduate with General Honors and are invited to participate in the Honors Students’ Association (HSA). To learn more about the requirements of the Honors Program, please visit www.miami.edu/honors.

Actively promoting external scholarship and fellowship opportunities, the OAE provides a range of services to students to maximize their candidacy for prestigious awards, fellowships and scholarships. By supplying individual mentoring, interested students are administered the maximum amount of information from funding agencies and are able to prepare the strongest possible application.

Furthermore, significant focus is placed on supporting services and programs directly to those groups who have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Through the Office of Academic Enhancement’s Programs of Academic Excellence and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs, additional academic, career and cultural resources are provided to first-generation, low-income and underrepresented students to ensure the university is accessible and successfully navigated by all students.

Staff of the OAE is always accessible and eager to assist you in making the most of your time at the University of Miami!

Please stop by one of our offices or visit our website to learn more about how we can assist you.

CONTACT INFO

Office of Academic Enhancement

Pearson Residential College, Suite 144

(305) 284-3187

www.miami.edu/oae

oae@miami.edu

OAE Departments & Programs

Academic & Career Advisors in Residence

Programs can be found in all four residential colleges

www.miami.edu/acar

Honors Program

Student Services Building, Suite 21-Y

(305) 284-5384

www.miami.edu/honors

Department of Multicultural Student Affairs

Student Services Building, Suite 21-P

(305) 284-2855

Emily Vaughan

Special to First Impression

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...