Opportunities available to reach the top achievements

The Office of Academic Enhancement (OAE) was established in 2007 to be an academic support system for all undergraduate students at the University of Miami. The mission of the OAE is to create a culture of learning across the campus that will enhance your success as a student by providing academic opportunities outside of the traditional classroom.

With our diverse range of services, we are here to assist every student with their academic ambitions.

Several of our programs are centered in the university’s residential colleges, which enables students to receive academic programming and resources right in their dorm.

Have a quick scheduling question or perhaps a more complicated career concern?

Visit one of our Academic & Career Advisors in Residence (ACAR) located downstairs in the Hecht, Stanford and Pearson Residential Colleges. The ACARs are available Monday through Friday during walk-in advising hours or by scheduling an appointment.

Unique academic careers of highly talented undergraduates by way of the University’s Honors Program and Prestigious Awards & Fellowships initiative are also addressed by the OAE.

The university’s Honors Program provides an academically challenging course of study for outstanding undergraduate students, drawing students from all academic majors who seek interactive learning and discussion within smaller classes. Honors Program students graduate with General Honors and are invited to participate in the Honors Students’ Association (HSA). To learn more about the requirements of the Honors Program, please visit

Actively promoting external scholarship and fellowship opportunities, the OAE provides a range of services to students to maximize their candidacy for prestigious awards, fellowships and scholarships. By supplying individual mentoring, interested students are administered the maximum amount of information from funding agencies and are able to prepare the strongest possible application.

Furthermore, significant focus is placed on supporting services and programs directly to those groups who have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Through the Office of Academic Enhancement’s Programs of Academic Excellence and the Department of Multicultural Student Affairs, additional academic, career and cultural resources are provided to first-generation, low-income and underrepresented students to ensure the university is accessible and successfully navigated by all students.

Staff of the OAE is always accessible and eager to assist you in making the most of your time at the University of Miami!

Please stop by one of our offices or visit our website to learn more about how we can assist you.

Office of Academic Enhancement

Pearson Residential College, Suite 144

(305) 284-3187

OAE Departments & Programs

Academic & Career Advisors in Residence

Programs can be found in all four residential colleges

Honors Program

Student Services Building, Suite 21-Y

(305) 284-5384

Department of Multicultural Student Affairs

Student Services Building, Suite 21-P

(305) 284-2855

Emily Vaughan

Special to First Impression

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

We are seeing another sign of a football program’s growing strength and maturation as Mark Richt unf ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

View some of the best pictures from the No. 31 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 victory ove ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...