‘Hug the Lake’ spreads an act of kindness on campus

hughthelake.jk

Jenna King // First Impression Staff

You’ve seen them around campus, the people carrying signs with inspirational phrases, giving you a huge smile and often a warm hug.

On the 39th annual Earth Day, students from all around the University of Miami celebrate the event by planting trees at a local middle school to circling Lake Osceola in support of UM’s most natural spot.

Random Acts of Kindness sponsored the third annual “Hug the Lake” to promote a greener world.

“The whole idea behind Hug the Lake is to appreciate our little campus and in turn the big world around us,” said Carol Perry, a past RAK president. “Coordinating it with Earth Day seemed like the perfect way to juxtapose the two and remind ourselves how lucky we are to live here.”

Jenna King

Contributing Columnist

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...