Letter from President Shalala

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

Dear New ‘Canes:

Welcome to the University of Miami! We are delighted that you have chosen UM and want to wish you well as you embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life.

You are joining the University of Miami community at a critical juncture in its history.

We have been moving more quickly in the rankings than any other university in the past eight years and are enjoying successes on the Coral Gables, Medical, and Rosenstiel campuses.

We encourage you to enjoy your classmates and to take advantage of the many academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus and in our community.

We hope you make the most of your time at the University of Miami. Study hard and get involved! I look forward to meeting you during Orientation 2009!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

Office of the President

Donna E. Shalala

President of the University of Miami

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...