Letter from President Shalala

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

Dear New ‘Canes:

Welcome to the University of Miami! We are delighted that you have chosen UM and want to wish you well as you embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life.

You are joining the University of Miami community at a critical juncture in its history.

We have been moving more quickly in the rankings than any other university in the past eight years and are enjoying successes on the Coral Gables, Medical, and Rosenstiel campuses.

We encourage you to enjoy your classmates and to take advantage of the many academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus and in our community.

We hope you make the most of your time at the University of Miami. Study hard and get involved! I look forward to meeting you during Orientation 2009!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

Office of the President

Donna E. Shalala

President of the University of Miami

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...