Letter from Patricia A. Whitely

pat-whitely
Patricia A. Whitely

Dear New Student:

Welcome to the University of Miami and congratulations on your decision to attend one of the finest educational institutions in the world!

You are one of approximately 15,000 students from all 50 states, three territories and over 105 foreign countries who will attend the university this year. You will follow in the footsteps of many renowned scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, two Heisman Trophy winners, Congressmen, CEOs, and over 153,000 successful alumni.

The University of Miami is an exciting place to be in 2009-2010! You will have the opportunity to take part in many interesting events this academic year, as well as hundreds of student-led activities. I encourage you to take advantage of those and many other academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus which support student learning outside the classroom.

Take charge of your life! Develop your skills and talents by maximizing your academic opportunities and tapping into “real-life experiences” through student organizations and other activities, which will assist you in contributing to our community as an effective leader.

A multitude of opportunities awaits you…now it’s your turn. I look forward to formally welcoming and meeting you during Orientation 2009. Best wishes for academic and personal success! Go ‘Canes!

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President