Letter from Patricia A. Whitely

pat-whitely

Patricia A. Whitely

Dear New Student:

Welcome to the University of Miami and congratulations on your decision to attend one of the finest educational institutions in the world!

You are one of approximately 15,000 students from all 50 states, three territories and over 105 foreign countries who will attend the university this year. You will follow in the footsteps of many renowned scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, two Heisman Trophy winners, Congressmen, CEOs, and over 153,000 successful alumni.

The University of Miami is an exciting place to be in 2009-2010! You will have the opportunity to take part in many interesting events this academic year, as well as hundreds of student-led activities. I encourage you to take advantage of those and many other academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus which support student learning outside the classroom.

Take charge of your life! Develop your skills and talents by maximizing your academic opportunities and tapping into “real-life experiences” through student organizations and other activities, which will assist you in contributing to our community as an effective leader.

A multitude of opportunities awaits you…now it’s your turn. I look forward to formally welcoming and meeting you during Orientation 2009. Best wishes for academic and personal success! Go ‘Canes!

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President, Student Affairs

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...