Letter from Lionel Moise

lionel_moiseTo Our New ‘Canes:

First and foremost, congratulations and welcome to the University of Miami! You are about to begin what will be some of the greatest years of your lives!

From this point on, you are and forever will be a part of the Hurricane family. The University community is very excited to welcome the greatest class to ever enter UM. The next few years will be an amazing journey and I urge you to take advantage of all the University has to offer.

As a university, we are continuing to rise rapidly among the rankings, which can be attributed to the quality of faculty, students and terrific vision of President Shalala. There are new facilities and resources continuously being constructed and an ever-growing variety of co-curricular activities that I encourage you to get involved with right away!

You will get to witness the diversity UM has to offer through the Orientation program and our annual Canefest where over 260 student organizations will be on showcase. You will attend your first football game at Land Shark Stadium and learn the amount of pride we take in our Orange and Green! So start practicing the alma mater and get ready to see some of UM’s greatest traditions as soon as you step foot on our beautiful Coral Gables campus.

Our undergraduate years will fly by so take advantage of every moment. Find your niche and get involved in organizations and causes that interest you. Remember, this experience is what YOU make it! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions throughout the year or even before you arrive. My email address is l.moise@umiami.edu. Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

Go ‘Canes,

Lionel Moise

President

Student Government

Lionel Moise

UM Student Government President

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...