University of Miami themed scooters

University of Miami themed scooters are on display at the University of Miami bookstore.

These vehicles are available through CROSSRUNNER, a power sport company. There are two models, the E50 and the C150, which run $1,699 and $1,999 respectively.

The E50 gets a top speed of 35 mph and the C150 can reach 60 mph.

Scooters are available in themes from other universities across the nation.

According to the national sales representative, Brandon Parker, the UM scooter was launched at the football spring game this year. The company also visited spring games at FSU, the University of Georgia, Auburn, the University of South Carolina, and Georgia Tech.

These scooters can be bought through the company’s website, www.crossrunner.net, or by calling their number, 800-520-7222.

“There are a lot of brands of scooters on the market and we wanted to bring something different to the market besides a different color,” Parker said. “We wanted something the customer could identify with.”

June 11, 2009

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...