Search committee for Arts & Sciences dean announced

Today, Provost Thomas LeBlanc sent an email to the College of Arts and Sciences faculty announcing the search committee for the new dean of the school.

“We have asked that the committee identify a small set of suitable candidates for the position no later than January 1, 2010 with the expectation that the new dean will be in place on or before June 1, 2010,” LeBlanc said in this email.

The committee is headed by Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education. Usually the dean of another school within the university heads the search. The other members of the committee are picked to represent other areas of research.

The search committee includes:
Vince Cardinal – Chair of Theatre Arts, A & S
Doug Crawford- Professor of Marine Biology, RSMAS
John Fitzgerald – Professor of Religious Studies, A & S
Michael French – Professor of Sociology, A & S
Greg Galloway – Chair of Mathematics, A & S
Angel Kaifer – Professor of Chemistry, A & S
Laura Kohn-Wood – Associate Professor of Educational and Psychological Studies, School of Education
Maria Llabre – Professor of Psychology, A & S
Diana Lopez – Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, MSOM
Lillan Manzor – Associate Professor of Spanish and Director of Latin American Studies Program, A& S
Michael Miller – Professor of History, A & S
Mitsu Ogihara – Professor of Computer Science, A & S
Mihoko Suzuki – Professor of English, A & S
Kathryn Tosney – Chair of Biology, A & S
Jonathan West – Professor of Political Sciences, A & S

May 11, 2009

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...