Search committee for Arts & Sciences dean announced

Today, Provost Thomas LeBlanc sent an email to the College of Arts and Sciences faculty announcing the search committee for the new dean of the school.

“We have asked that the committee identify a small set of suitable candidates for the position no later than January 1, 2010 with the expectation that the new dean will be in place on or before June 1, 2010,” LeBlanc said in this email.

The committee is headed by Isaac Prilleltensky, the dean of the School of Education. Usually the dean of another school within the university heads the search. The other members of the committee are picked to represent other areas of research.

The search committee includes:
Vince Cardinal – Chair of Theatre Arts, A & S
Doug Crawford- Professor of Marine Biology, RSMAS
John Fitzgerald – Professor of Religious Studies, A & S
Michael French – Professor of Sociology, A & S
Greg Galloway – Chair of Mathematics, A & S
Angel Kaifer – Professor of Chemistry, A & S
Laura Kohn-Wood – Associate Professor of Educational and Psychological Studies, School of Education
Maria Llabre – Professor of Psychology, A & S
Diana Lopez – Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, MSOM
Lillan Manzor – Associate Professor of Spanish and Director of Latin American Studies Program, A& S
Michael Miller – Professor of History, A & S
Mitsu Ogihara – Professor of Computer Science, A & S
Mihoko Suzuki – Professor of English, A & S
Kathryn Tosney – Chair of Biology, A & S
Jonathan West – Professor of Political Sciences, A & S

May 11, 2009

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...