Baseball

Canes win first game at BC, 5-1

Preseason All-American Chris Hernandez (6-3) pitched seven innings of one-run ball as No. 13 Miami defeated Boston College 5-1 Friday afternoon at Shea Field in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Junior first baseman Jason Hagerty drove in two and sophomore catcher Yasmani Grandal went 3 for 5 with a homer, two runs and two RBI for the Hurricanes (30-15, 14-11).

Closer Kyle Bellamy threw two perfect innings of relief for his ACC-leading 13th save.

Starter JB MacDonald (4-6) gave up three runs on six hits in 6.1 innings in the loss. Leadoff hitter Robbie Anston finished 2 for 4 with a double, and scored on a fielder’s choice off the bat of cleanup batter Mickey Wiswall for the Eagles (28-18, 11-12).

May 1, 2009

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...