Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying

The studying habits of University of Miami students will be changing during the finals season this semester. It may become noticeably less “in-tents.”

The division of student affairs decided against repeating the study tent program, choosing instead to use current university facilities instead of spending on tent rentals.

Rooms like the Flamingo Ballrooms and the UC Food Court, which would normally be closed during finals, will be open to students during certain hours during the day. Residential College classrooms will also remain open 24 hours a day from May 1 though May 13 to all University of Miami students, including those who don’t live in the dorms.

The annual late night breakfast will take place as normal, on Tuesday May 5 from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. in the dining halls.

STUDY HOURS

Richter Library: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Flamingo Ballrooms: 8 a.m.-12 midnight/May 4-May 8 & May 11-May 12, 11 a.m.-12 midnight/May 9-May 10

Food Court: 8 a.m.-10 p.m./May 4-May 7 & May 11-May 12, 8 a.m.-6 p.m./May 8

Residential College Classrooms: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Matthew Bunch

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying”

1. I think this is a good idea. Why not use existing buildings with rooms that are not going to be used anyway rather than spending money on tent rentals and all the effort of setting them up and taking them down? It easily makes sense.

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...