Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying

The studying habits of University of Miami students will be changing during the finals season this semester. It may become noticeably less “in-tents.”

The division of student affairs decided against repeating the study tent program, choosing instead to use current university facilities instead of spending on tent rentals.

Rooms like the Flamingo Ballrooms and the UC Food Court, which would normally be closed during finals, will be open to students during certain hours during the day. Residential College classrooms will also remain open 24 hours a day from May 1 though May 13 to all University of Miami students, including those who don’t live in the dorms.

The annual late night breakfast will take place as normal, on Tuesday May 5 from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. in the dining halls.

STUDY HOURS

Richter Library: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Flamingo Ballrooms: 8 a.m.-12 midnight/May 4-May 8 & May 11-May 12, 11 a.m.-12 midnight/May 9-May 10

Food Court: 8 a.m.-10 p.m./May 4-May 7 & May 11-May 12, 8 a.m.-6 p.m./May 8

Residential College Classrooms: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

About Author

Matthew Bunch

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying”

1. I think this is a good idea. Why not use existing buildings with rooms that are not going to be used anyway rather than spending money on tent rentals and all the effort of setting them up and taking them down? It easily makes sense.

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...