Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying

The studying habits of University of Miami students will be changing during the finals season this semester. It may become noticeably less “in-tents.”

The division of student affairs decided against repeating the study tent program, choosing instead to use current university facilities instead of spending on tent rentals.

Rooms like the Flamingo Ballrooms and the UC Food Court, which would normally be closed during finals, will be open to students during certain hours during the day. Residential College classrooms will also remain open 24 hours a day from May 1 though May 13 to all University of Miami students, including those who don’t live in the dorms.

The annual late night breakfast will take place as normal, on Tuesday May 5 from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. in the dining halls.

STUDY HOURS

Richter Library: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Flamingo Ballrooms: 8 a.m.-12 midnight/May 4-May 8 & May 11-May 12, 11 a.m.-12 midnight/May 9-May 10

Food Court: 8 a.m.-10 p.m./May 4-May 7 & May 11-May 12, 8 a.m.-6 p.m./May 8

Residential College Classrooms: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Matthew Bunch

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying”

1. I think this is a good idea. Why not use existing buildings with rooms that are not going to be used anyway rather than spending money on tent rentals and all the effort of setting them up and taking them down? It easily makes sense.

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba dominated the final two sets to register a 1-6, 6-1, 6-1 triumph over ...