Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying

The studying habits of University of Miami students will be changing during the finals season this semester. It may become noticeably less “in-tents.”

The division of student affairs decided against repeating the study tent program, choosing instead to use current university facilities instead of spending on tent rentals.

Rooms like the Flamingo Ballrooms and the UC Food Court, which would normally be closed during finals, will be open to students during certain hours during the day. Residential College classrooms will also remain open 24 hours a day from May 1 though May 13 to all University of Miami students, including those who don’t live in the dorms.

The annual late night breakfast will take place as normal, on Tuesday May 5 from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. in the dining halls.

STUDY HOURS

Richter Library: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Flamingo Ballrooms: 8 a.m.-12 midnight/May 4-May 8 & May 11-May 12, 11 a.m.-12 midnight/May 9-May 10

Food Court: 8 a.m.-10 p.m./May 4-May 7 & May 11-May 12, 8 a.m.-6 p.m./May 8

Residential College Classrooms: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Matthew Bunch

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying”

1. I think this is a good idea. Why not use existing buildings with rooms that are not going to be used anyway rather than spending money on tent rentals and all the effort of setting them up and taking them down? It easily makes sense.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...