Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying

The studying habits of University of Miami students will be changing during the finals season this semester. It may become noticeably less “in-tents.”

The division of student affairs decided against repeating the study tent program, choosing instead to use current university facilities instead of spending on tent rentals.

Rooms like the Flamingo Ballrooms and the UC Food Court, which would normally be closed during finals, will be open to students during certain hours during the day. Residential College classrooms will also remain open 24 hours a day from May 1 though May 13 to all University of Miami students, including those who don’t live in the dorms.

The annual late night breakfast will take place as normal, on Tuesday May 5 from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. in the dining halls.

STUDY HOURS

Richter Library: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Flamingo Ballrooms: 8 a.m.-12 midnight/May 4-May 8 & May 11-May 12, 11 a.m.-12 midnight/May 9-May 10

Food Court: 8 a.m.-10 p.m./May 4-May 7 & May 11-May 12, 8 a.m.-6 p.m./May 8

Residential College Classrooms: Open 24 hours/May 1-May 13

Matthew Bunch

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Student Affairs decides against tents, open campus rooms to students for finals studying”

1. I think this is a good idea. Why not use existing buildings with rooms that are not going to be used anyway rather than spending money on tent rentals and all the effort of setting them up and taking them down? It easily makes sense.

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...