Speakers announced for graduation exercises

As graduation draws closer, the university announced the speakers seniors will hear in their ceremonies.

On May 14, graduate degree recipients will hear from Dean Isaac Prilleltensky, the head of the University of Miami’s School of Education.

The May 15 ceremonies will begin with the 8:30 a.m. graduation, which will host Richard Fain, chairman of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and member of UM’s Board of Trustees. Undergraduate degree recipients in the School of Business Administration and the College of Engineering will be in attendance. At 12:30, Marian Wright Edelman, the founder of the Children’s Defense Fund will speak to degree recipients in the schools of architecture, communication, education, music and nursing and health studies. At 5 p.m., Vartan Gregorian, president of the Carnegie Foundation and former president of Brown University, will address graduates in the College of Arts and Sciences and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences.

On Saturday, May 16, graduates from the Miller School of Medicine will hear from Dr. Bernadine Healy, the former director of the National Institutes of Health, American Red Cross and American Heart Association. Finally, graduates from the school of law will hear from the Honorable Denny Chin, United States District Judge from the southern district of New York.

All graduation exercises will take place at the BankUnited Center.

Matthew Bunch

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...