Smartphones reign at UM

While most college students have cellphones, smartphone holders are on the rise.

Smartphones, mobile phone that offers advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality and personal digital assistance, have revolutionized the way many people organize their lives.

For many students, smartphones supply 24-hour access to staying connected and organized. Most smartphones offer everything from multiple e-mail managing and syncing to task managers and MP3 players.

Many also offer downloadable applications like scientific calculators and book finders. And today, students don’t have to dig their hands deep into their pockets to own one of these multifunctional devices.

“The Blackberry is so easy to use,” senior Nicole Scifo said. “It never gives me any problems. I know the iPhone has a few glitches because it’s basically a handheld computer. I just really like the Blackberry.”

Many companies offer a selection of smartphones to pick from, like AT&T’s iPhone and Blackberry Bold or Verizon Wireless’ Blackberry Storm or Blackberry Curve.

“I’ve had an iPhone for about two years now and I love it,” senior Johnathan Beauchamps said. “I don’t think I’d ever go back to any other kind of phone. I have about four pages of applications and it’s just one of the best phones out there, I think.”

Ileana Hernandez

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...