Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Head coach Randy Shannon and select UM players and staff members participated in the Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society Friday at the Miami Dade Job Corps Center from 6-9 p.m.

They teamed with Commissioner Barbara Jordan and the District 1 staff. Players interacted with the participants, took photos and made laps.

NFL DRAFT

Senior linebacker Spencer Adkins was selected by the Atlanta Falcons in the sixth round as the 176th overall pick on the second day of the 2009 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

Adkins played in 11 games last season and registered 20 tackles (15 solo, five assisted) while adding six tackles for loss and four sacks. He picked up ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week after collecting two sacks and three tackles in the season-opening win over Charleston Southern.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...