Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Head coach Randy Shannon and select UM players and staff members participated in the Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society Friday at the Miami Dade Job Corps Center from 6-9 p.m.

They teamed with Commissioner Barbara Jordan and the District 1 staff. Players interacted with the participants, took photos and made laps.

NFL DRAFT

Senior linebacker Spencer Adkins was selected by the Atlanta Falcons in the sixth round as the 176th overall pick on the second day of the 2009 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

Adkins played in 11 games last season and registered 20 tackles (15 solo, five assisted) while adding six tackles for loss and four sacks. He picked up ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week after collecting two sacks and three tackles in the season-opening win over Charleston Southern.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...