New chairman of Board of Trustees elected

On April 24, 2009, Dr. Phillip George was named the new chairman of the University of Miami’s Board of Trustees, which he has been a member of since 1989. This board governs the university.

George replaces Reverend Marta Weeks, the first woman to chair the board. He is a graduate of UM’s Miller School of Medicine and a retired plastic surgeon.

The chair, an elected position, is subject to term limits.

Mathew E. Rubel was also added to the board as the alumni trustee along with T. Mechelle Francis, who was added as the student trustee.

Rubel is the CEO and president of Collective Brands, Inc., and an alumnus of UM’s School of Business. Francis is a doctorate student in international studies and is scheduled to graduate in 2011.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...