Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

The University of Miami women’s track and field team took fifth, while the men finished ninth, at the ACC Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Cobb Stadium this past weekend.

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 100 and 200-meter dashes and junior Kristy Whyte crossed the line third in the 100 meters. Junior Deandra Doyley nabbed second in the long jump and fourth in the triple jump. Sophomore Tameka Jameson earned a regional qualifying time with a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles.

Junior Cory Nelms was runner up in the 110-meter hurdles for the men.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

University of Miami signee Durand Scott, a 6’5″ shooting guard from New York City, scored six points with two assists for the Black team as it won 110-103 at the 2009 Jordan Brand Classic High School Boys All-Star Game Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Sophomore forward Shenise Johnson was invited to the USA Basketball Complex in Colorado Springs, Colo., to participate in the U-19 USA National Team Trials, May 14-17. The U-19 National Team will be participating in this year’s FIBA World Championship, held in Bangkok, Thailand, July 23-Aug. 2.

Johnson was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team and was an honorable mention for the All-ACC Team. She was the team leader in scoring (12.8 ppg), free throw percentage (.825), rebounding (7.1 rpg), assists (4.1 apg), steals (2.7 spg) and blocks (1.0 bpg) last season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...