University of Miami named top party school by Playboy

The University of Miami was named the top party school in the United States by Playboy in the first ranking done by the magazine since 2006.

The rankings features criteria including campus life, sports, sex, academics and “bikini, which combines weather, male-to-female ratio and cheerleaders, according to the report. On a scale of 100, Miami beats the next closest school (University of Texas at Austin) by 10 points.

“The University of Miami is the only private school to crack our top 10, and while its academics are in no way close to those of the Ivy League, you can get a great education here without skimping on fun. In the future Miami’s number will rise in the sports category, thanks to Randy Shannon,” Playboy said in their summary of the top 10. “Other colleges come to its city for spring break. Nuff said.”

To see the top 10, click here.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “University of Miami named top party school by Playboy”

1. cane says:

Miami is the best school! why wouldn’t everyone choose to come here?!? are you crazy?

2. Steph says:

Love it!

3. 08 Cane says:

The University of Miami is actually in Coral Gables not Miami. With the grove, south beach, and crandon park within a few minutes drive its easy to see why The U is number one. We live and play where everyone else comes for Spring Break. Not to mention not many other colleges have a Bar on campus with a lake side view.

4. herocious says:

the last point couldn’t be truer; other colleges do come to miami for spring break, and um is in miami.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...