University of Miami named top party school by Playboy

The University of Miami was named the top party school in the United States by Playboy in the first ranking done by the magazine since 2006.

The rankings features criteria including campus life, sports, sex, academics and “bikini, which combines weather, male-to-female ratio and cheerleaders, according to the report. On a scale of 100, Miami beats the next closest school (University of Texas at Austin) by 10 points.

“The University of Miami is the only private school to crack our top 10, and while its academics are in no way close to those of the Ivy League, you can get a great education here without skimping on fun. In the future Miami’s number will rise in the sports category, thanks to Randy Shannon,” Playboy said in their summary of the top 10. “Other colleges come to its city for spring break. Nuff said.”

To see the top 10, click here.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “University of Miami named top party school by Playboy”

1. cane says:

Miami is the best school! why wouldn’t everyone choose to come here?!? are you crazy?

2. Steph says:

Love it!

3. 08 Cane says:

The University of Miami is actually in Coral Gables not Miami. With the grove, south beach, and crandon park within a few minutes drive its easy to see why The U is number one. We live and play where everyone else comes for Spring Break. Not to mention not many other colleges have a Bar on campus with a lake side view.

4. herocious says:

the last point couldn’t be truer; other colleges do come to miami for spring break, and um is in miami.

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

Miami fell behind early and could not recover Sunday afternoon, falling in the series finale to host ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...