University of Miami named top party school by Playboy

The University of Miami was named the top party school in the United States by Playboy in the first ranking done by the magazine since 2006.

The rankings features criteria including campus life, sports, sex, academics and “bikini, which combines weather, male-to-female ratio and cheerleaders, according to the report. On a scale of 100, Miami beats the next closest school (University of Texas at Austin) by 10 points.

“The University of Miami is the only private school to crack our top 10, and while its academics are in no way close to those of the Ivy League, you can get a great education here without skimping on fun. In the future Miami’s number will rise in the sports category, thanks to Randy Shannon,” Playboy said in their summary of the top 10. “Other colleges come to its city for spring break. Nuff said.”

To see the top 10, click here.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “University of Miami named top party school by Playboy”

1. cane says:

Miami is the best school! why wouldn’t everyone choose to come here?!? are you crazy?

2. Steph says:

Love it!

3. 08 Cane says:

The University of Miami is actually in Coral Gables not Miami. With the grove, south beach, and crandon park within a few minutes drive its easy to see why The U is number one. We live and play where everyone else comes for Spring Break. Not to mention not many other colleges have a Bar on campus with a lake side view.

4. herocious says:

the last point couldn’t be truer; other colleges do come to miami for spring break, and um is in miami.

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...