Tennis

Women’s tennis earns five ACC honors

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was named 2009 ACC Women’s Tennis Coach of the Year, while four singles players – junior Laura Vallverdu and sophomores Julia Cohen, Bianca Eickorn and Michaela Kissell – collected All-ACC honors.

The four All-ACC recipients are the most from any team, followed by Georgia Tech and Duke’s three apiece.

Yaroshuk-Tews led the Hurricanes to a 21-3 record overall (10-1 ACC) for her first Coach of the Year honor. She is the all-time winningest women’s tennis coach at Miami with 156 total victories.

Vallverdu (No. 25) made it to the All-ACC team for the third consecutive year. Cohen is ranked as the fourth-best singles player in the nation and went a perfect 11-0 in ACC play. Both Eichkorn (No. 30) and Kissell (No. 50) have strung together 10 straight victories in singles play for over 30 wins on the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...