Tennis

Women’s tennis earns five ACC honors

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was named 2009 ACC Women’s Tennis Coach of the Year, while four singles players – junior Laura Vallverdu and sophomores Julia Cohen, Bianca Eickorn and Michaela Kissell – collected All-ACC honors.

The four All-ACC recipients are the most from any team, followed by Georgia Tech and Duke’s three apiece.

Yaroshuk-Tews led the Hurricanes to a 21-3 record overall (10-1 ACC) for her first Coach of the Year honor. She is the all-time winningest women’s tennis coach at Miami with 156 total victories.

Vallverdu (No. 25) made it to the All-ACC team for the third consecutive year. Cohen is ranked as the fourth-best singles player in the nation and went a perfect 11-0 in ACC play. Both Eichkorn (No. 30) and Kissell (No. 50) have strung together 10 straight victories in singles play for over 30 wins on the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...