Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Baseball America named head coach Jim Morris as the top coach and junior Kyle Bellamy as the closer on the Midseason All-America Team.

Morris, who has led Miami to a College World Series appearance in 11 of his 15 seasons, has had the Hurricanes ranked in the top 10 in most polls all season after losing eight players in last year’s Major League Baseball draft.

Bellamy currently leads the Canes with a 1.40 ERA, allowing just four earned runs in 25 2/3 innings.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The 2009 banquet will be held April 29 on the BankUnited Center arena floor.

Seniors Jack McClinton, Jimmy Graham, Brian Asbury and Lance Hurdle will be recognized and the team will hand out individual honors. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 6:45 p.m.

Individual tickets are on sale for $50. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 or by filling out the online order form. Make sure to RSVP by April 24.

MEN’S TENNIS

Freshman Ignacio Taboada was named the Muscle Milk Student Athlete of the Week after a pair of victories over the weekend to extend his winning streak to four.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...