Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Baseball America named head coach Jim Morris as the top coach and junior Kyle Bellamy as the closer on the Midseason All-America Team.

Morris, who has led Miami to a College World Series appearance in 11 of his 15 seasons, has had the Hurricanes ranked in the top 10 in most polls all season after losing eight players in last year’s Major League Baseball draft.

Bellamy currently leads the Canes with a 1.40 ERA, allowing just four earned runs in 25 2/3 innings.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The 2009 banquet will be held April 29 on the BankUnited Center arena floor.

Seniors Jack McClinton, Jimmy Graham, Brian Asbury and Lance Hurdle will be recognized and the team will hand out individual honors. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 6:45 p.m.

Individual tickets are on sale for $50. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 or by filling out the online order form. Make sure to RSVP by April 24.

MEN’S TENNIS

Freshman Ignacio Taboada was named the Muscle Milk Student Athlete of the Week after a pair of victories over the weekend to extend his winning streak to four.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...