Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Baseball America named head coach Jim Morris as the top coach and junior Kyle Bellamy as the closer on the Midseason All-America Team.

Morris, who has led Miami to a College World Series appearance in 11 of his 15 seasons, has had the Hurricanes ranked in the top 10 in most polls all season after losing eight players in last year’s Major League Baseball draft.

Bellamy currently leads the Canes with a 1.40 ERA, allowing just four earned runs in 25 2/3 innings.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The 2009 banquet will be held April 29 on the BankUnited Center arena floor.

Seniors Jack McClinton, Jimmy Graham, Brian Asbury and Lance Hurdle will be recognized and the team will hand out individual honors. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 6:45 p.m.

Individual tickets are on sale for $50. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 or by filling out the online order form. Make sure to RSVP by April 24.

MEN’S TENNIS

Freshman Ignacio Taboada was named the Muscle Milk Student Athlete of the Week after a pair of victories over the weekend to extend his winning streak to four.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...