Baseball

Canes hold off FAU’s late rally, win 3-1

Starter Jason Santana (6-0) pitched a career-high seven innings and allowed just one run on five hits as seventh-ranked Miami defeated Florida Atlantic 3-1 Tuesday night at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

It was Santana’s third win against the Owls (17-16) in 21 days.

Junior Jason Hagerty extended his team-high hitting streak to 13 games by going 2 for 4 with an RBI double and a run. Sophomore Yasmani Grandal’s RBI bloop single in the fifth proved to be the game winner for the Hurricanes (26-10).

Closer Kyle Bellamy escaped out of a bases-loaded no-out jam in the ninth for his ACC-leading 10th save.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

View images from the Miami soccer team's senior day match against Notre Dame, as well as shots ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...