Baseball

Canes hold off FAU’s late rally, win 3-1

Starter Jason Santana (6-0) pitched a career-high seven innings and allowed just one run on five hits as seventh-ranked Miami defeated Florida Atlantic 3-1 Tuesday night at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

It was Santana’s third win against the Owls (17-16) in 21 days.

Junior Jason Hagerty extended his team-high hitting streak to 13 games by going 2 for 4 with an RBI double and a run. Sophomore Yasmani Grandal’s RBI bloop single in the fifth proved to be the game winner for the Hurricanes (26-10).

Closer Kyle Bellamy escaped out of a bases-loaded no-out jam in the ninth for his ACC-leading 10th save.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...