Baseball

Canes hold off FAU’s late rally, win 3-1

Starter Jason Santana (6-0) pitched a career-high seven innings and allowed just one run on five hits as seventh-ranked Miami defeated Florida Atlantic 3-1 Tuesday night at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

It was Santana’s third win against the Owls (17-16) in 21 days.

Junior Jason Hagerty extended his team-high hitting streak to 13 games by going 2 for 4 with an RBI double and a run. Sophomore Yasmani Grandal’s RBI bloop single in the fifth proved to be the game winner for the Hurricanes (26-10).

Closer Kyle Bellamy escaped out of a bases-loaded no-out jam in the ninth for his ACC-leading 10th save.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...