Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl

Munchies, crunchies, berries and more – The Cereal Bowl offers all the cereal-aisle favorites with an added twist.

With 32 brands of cereal and 35 toppings, the restaurant allows hungry breakfast lovers the opportunity to eat their cereal their own way. Combining any of the offerings and finishing it with milk provides fun and a feeling of breaking the rules. For the individual hesitant to create their own, The Cereal Bowl provides Signature Bowls such as The Dirt Bowl with Cookie Crisp, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and gummy worms, which is sure to please anyone with a much-needed sugar fix. People who find the combination of cereals irresistible can even purchase a box of their own Create-A-Box cereal.

Chief executive officer and co-founder Kenneth Rader had the idea for the restaurant when he realized in college how much people love cereal.

“It appeals to a lot of different people, junk-food lovers and healthy individuals,” Rader said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

The restaurant recently reopened its doors following a major renovation. With permit delays on a new location on Miracle Mile, Kenneth Rader and his partners Michael Classman and Josh Rader, a University of Miami alumnus, decided to improve the flagship location on Dixie Highway, he said. The restaurant’s new equipment and new design now has a cohesive look with its other franchise locations in different states.

Perfect for the hungry college student, the restaurant offers a laid-back environment equipped with free Wi-Fi, couches, and televisions. Plus, pajamas are always welcome.

Beside cereal, The Cereal Bowl also offers oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, baked goods and organic free-trade coffees and lattes, such as the Sticky Bun Latte and the S’mores Mocha.

In an effort to reach the lunch crowd and expand their menu, The Cereal Bowl acquired the restaurant rights to PB Loco, a brand of peanut butter with a crazy twist. Exclusively available at the restaurant or online, the peanut butter comes in a variety of flavors, from white chocolate raspberry to cookie dough.

With reasonable prices and a huge variety of options and combinations, everyone is sure to find their own unique indulgence at The Cereal Bowl.

If You Go

What: The Cereal Bowl
Where: 1560 South Dixie Highway
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Prices vary. Overall inexpensive.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl”

1. Gina says:

Hi – I went to the Cereal Bowl this weekend and it was all closed! Did they move? Their website is still running… I’m dying for some cereal. Help!

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...