Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl

Munchies, crunchies, berries and more – The Cereal Bowl offers all the cereal-aisle favorites with an added twist.

With 32 brands of cereal and 35 toppings, the restaurant allows hungry breakfast lovers the opportunity to eat their cereal their own way. Combining any of the offerings and finishing it with milk provides fun and a feeling of breaking the rules. For the individual hesitant to create their own, The Cereal Bowl provides Signature Bowls such as The Dirt Bowl with Cookie Crisp, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and gummy worms, which is sure to please anyone with a much-needed sugar fix. People who find the combination of cereals irresistible can even purchase a box of their own Create-A-Box cereal.

Chief executive officer and co-founder Kenneth Rader had the idea for the restaurant when he realized in college how much people love cereal.

“It appeals to a lot of different people, junk-food lovers and healthy individuals,” Rader said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

The restaurant recently reopened its doors following a major renovation. With permit delays on a new location on Miracle Mile, Kenneth Rader and his partners Michael Classman and Josh Rader, a University of Miami alumnus, decided to improve the flagship location on Dixie Highway, he said. The restaurant’s new equipment and new design now has a cohesive look with its other franchise locations in different states.

Perfect for the hungry college student, the restaurant offers a laid-back environment equipped with free Wi-Fi, couches, and televisions. Plus, pajamas are always welcome.

Beside cereal, The Cereal Bowl also offers oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, baked goods and organic free-trade coffees and lattes, such as the Sticky Bun Latte and the S’mores Mocha.

In an effort to reach the lunch crowd and expand their menu, The Cereal Bowl acquired the restaurant rights to PB Loco, a brand of peanut butter with a crazy twist. Exclusively available at the restaurant or online, the peanut butter comes in a variety of flavors, from white chocolate raspberry to cookie dough.

With reasonable prices and a huge variety of options and combinations, everyone is sure to find their own unique indulgence at The Cereal Bowl.

If You Go

What: The Cereal Bowl
Where: 1560 South Dixie Highway
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Prices vary. Overall inexpensive.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl”

1. Gina says:

Hi – I went to the Cereal Bowl this weekend and it was all closed! Did they move? Their website is still running… I’m dying for some cereal. Help!

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...