Basketball

Dwayne Collins to enter name in NBA Draft, will not hire agent

Junior forward Dwayne Collins will enter his name in the 2009 NBA Draft, testing the waters of professional basketball. However, he will not hire an agent, meaning that he can return to the Hurricanes for his senior season if he chooses.

“This is a chance for Dwayne to get feedback on his game from general managers and NBA scouts on what he needs to do to have an opportunity to play professional basketball,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement released by the athletic department. “I support Dwayne’s decision to test the waters.”

Collins became Miami’s reliable interior threat last season, scoring 10.6 points per game, good for second on the squad. He was fifth in the ACC with 3.1 offensive rebounds per game.

“I talked to my family and Coach Haith and let them know I want to take this opportunity,” Collins said in the statement. “I’ll put my name in and see what happens, and make a decision from there.”

The NBA Draft is scheduled to take place on June 25.

Matthew Bunch

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...