Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show

yingyangyay

Ying Yang Twins

The Ying Yang twins are coming to the University of Miami on Friday, April 17, to do more than get crunk.

They will be performing a free show on the UC Patio as part of Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s Paddy Murphy Week, which raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network.

The Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that donates to over 170 children’s hospitals across the country.

Last year, the Florida Alpha Chapter of SAE brought the rapper Afro Man to campus. With the performance, he helped raise a few thousand dollars towards the fraternity’s $11,000 donation to this charity, according to Danny Casamayor, a SAE brother who helped plan this year’s concert.

Casamayor hopes with the Ying Yang Twins, this year’s charity fundraising will be even more successful.

“We hope to raise $12,000,” he said. “I have heard the Ying Yang Twins put on a great show. They did a show up at Vanderbilt the other week and there was a lot of crowd interaction.”

This concert will be at the UC Patio and student band Beckham County Trainwreck will open the show at 8 p.m. The Ying Yang Twins plan to take the stage around 9 p.m.

Beckham County Trainwreck is a rock-funk jam band from Miami, while the Ying Yang Twins are a rap group out of Atlanta.

“We thought they would be a good mix to have,” Casamayor said. “Last year we did the same thing by opening up with a rock band, Ballyhoo, for the rapper Afro Man and it was a perfect mix. There was something for everyone.”

“I am real excited. I think its going to be a great concert,” said Rory Lincoln, a junior majoring in broadcast journalism. “I think it’s what college students want to watch.”

Admission to this concert is free, but donations to Children’s Miracle Network will be accepted and given to the Miami Children’s Hospital. SAE brothers will be taking money at the entrance to the concert located by the breezeway. Brothers will also be walking around throughout the patio with jugs accepting additional money.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show”

1. herocious says:

i’m hear now, at the site where tonight’s event will take place, and i’m going to write about it on my blog. theopenend.com

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...