Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show

yingyangyay

Ying Yang Twins

The Ying Yang twins are coming to the University of Miami on Friday, April 17, to do more than get crunk.

They will be performing a free show on the UC Patio as part of Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s Paddy Murphy Week, which raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network.

The Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that donates to over 170 children’s hospitals across the country.

Last year, the Florida Alpha Chapter of SAE brought the rapper Afro Man to campus. With the performance, he helped raise a few thousand dollars towards the fraternity’s $11,000 donation to this charity, according to Danny Casamayor, a SAE brother who helped plan this year’s concert.

Casamayor hopes with the Ying Yang Twins, this year’s charity fundraising will be even more successful.

“We hope to raise $12,000,” he said. “I have heard the Ying Yang Twins put on a great show. They did a show up at Vanderbilt the other week and there was a lot of crowd interaction.”

This concert will be at the UC Patio and student band Beckham County Trainwreck will open the show at 8 p.m. The Ying Yang Twins plan to take the stage around 9 p.m.

Beckham County Trainwreck is a rock-funk jam band from Miami, while the Ying Yang Twins are a rap group out of Atlanta.

“We thought they would be a good mix to have,” Casamayor said. “Last year we did the same thing by opening up with a rock band, Ballyhoo, for the rapper Afro Man and it was a perfect mix. There was something for everyone.”

“I am real excited. I think its going to be a great concert,” said Rory Lincoln, a junior majoring in broadcast journalism. “I think it’s what college students want to watch.”

Admission to this concert is free, but donations to Children’s Miracle Network will be accepted and given to the Miami Children’s Hospital. SAE brothers will be taking money at the entrance to the concert located by the breezeway. Brothers will also be walking around throughout the patio with jugs accepting additional money.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show”

1. herocious says:

i’m hear now, at the site where tonight’s event will take place, and i’m going to write about it on my blog. theopenend.com

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...