Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show

yingyangyay

Ying Yang Twins

The Ying Yang twins are coming to the University of Miami on Friday, April 17, to do more than get crunk.

They will be performing a free show on the UC Patio as part of Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s Paddy Murphy Week, which raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network.

The Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that donates to over 170 children’s hospitals across the country.

Last year, the Florida Alpha Chapter of SAE brought the rapper Afro Man to campus. With the performance, he helped raise a few thousand dollars towards the fraternity’s $11,000 donation to this charity, according to Danny Casamayor, a SAE brother who helped plan this year’s concert.

Casamayor hopes with the Ying Yang Twins, this year’s charity fundraising will be even more successful.

“We hope to raise $12,000,” he said. “I have heard the Ying Yang Twins put on a great show. They did a show up at Vanderbilt the other week and there was a lot of crowd interaction.”

This concert will be at the UC Patio and student band Beckham County Trainwreck will open the show at 8 p.m. The Ying Yang Twins plan to take the stage around 9 p.m.

Beckham County Trainwreck is a rock-funk jam band from Miami, while the Ying Yang Twins are a rap group out of Atlanta.

“We thought they would be a good mix to have,” Casamayor said. “Last year we did the same thing by opening up with a rock band, Ballyhoo, for the rapper Afro Man and it was a perfect mix. There was something for everyone.”

“I am real excited. I think its going to be a great concert,” said Rory Lincoln, a junior majoring in broadcast journalism. “I think it’s what college students want to watch.”

Admission to this concert is free, but donations to Children’s Miracle Network will be accepted and given to the Miami Children’s Hospital. SAE brothers will be taking money at the entrance to the concert located by the breezeway. Brothers will also be walking around throughout the patio with jugs accepting additional money.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...