Sports Briefs

GOLF

Freshman Jennifer Hirano scored a career-best, one-under-par 71 in the final round on Tuesday for a sixth-place finish at the Canes & Cardinal Classic at Don Shula’s Golf Resort in Miami Lakes.

Miami finished fourth after a three-round total of 914. No. 16 San Jose State won the team title with an 887, while Spartan Erica Moston took the individual title shooting a two-under 70 in her final round and finishing with a two-under par 214 for the tournament.

MEN’S TENNIS

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu, ranked No. 15, earned ACC Player of the Week honors after he beat two ranked opponents in straight sets over the weekend. The No. 23 Hurricanes won both their weekend matches 4-3 and moved up eight positions in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s poll.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...