Former SG president Brandon Gross says goodbye

brandongrosstt2

BRANDON GROSS

Dear Canes,

How quickly has the time passed? It feels as if it were just yesterday that we began serving you. But, here we are, almost a year later, welcoming a new group of SG leadership. It has truly been an outstanding experience and a privilege to serve you. We have made it our mission to live up to our motto of integrity, leadership and service. But beyond that, we are leaving having kept our commitment. It was not an easy task as it took a lot of work, collaboration and dedication. I would personally like to thank the Executive Board, all members of SG, the administration and, most of all, the students.

We have worked on many projects that we hope will continue to benefit you. We currently have five ZipCars on campus with plans to expand the fleet this semester. Also, Starbucks is open later on Sundays, the parking lot by the Wellness Center is all-access, you can all now register for classes online, UBikes are available at the bookstore, the Health Center is open on Sundays, the Latin Honor policy was revised thanks to the Senate, and there is a recycling bin next to nearly every trash can on campus thanks to GreenU. We also continue to work on our promise to improve advising. A proposal has been presented to the deans and SG will continue to move forward with the project this coming year with the information that we received from you through the advising survey.

It has been some year and we are very excited for what is to come. I can’t believe that a year has gone by since we began, but here we are. Our time has passed and the time has come to say goodbye. From the “Committed To U” team, we would like to congratulate the newly installed SG leaders for 2009-2010. We know that Lionel, Kristen, Jeremy, Christina and Amy will do an outstanding job and we wish them the very best!

I have truly enjoyed every moment of this past year. Thanks for everything and GO CANES!

-Brandon Gross
President, Student Government
2008-2009

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...