BREAKING NEWS: Ibis Ride canceled for remainder of semester

ibisride

According to an e-mail from the Dean of Students’ office, Ibis Ride service to Coconut Grove has been canceled for the remainder of the Spring 2009 semester.

“The Dean of Students Office issued this decision after receiving reports of serious violations of rules both on and around Ibis Ride shuttles to the Grove including disrespectful treatment of drivers and monitors, grossly intoxicated students, students getting sick on the shuttles, mob scenes at pick up and drop off points, insistence on boarding the shuttles without Cane Cards and sneaking non-students onto the shuttles,” the statement said.

Shuttle service has been in danger before. Last spring the Dean of Students office threatened to cancel service if behavior on the buses didn’t improve, but after a “Save our Ibis Ride” campaign, the program was renewed for the 2008-2009 academic year.

It’s unclear at this time whether the service will be restored for the 2009-2010 academic year. According to the statement, the Dean of Students office plans to work with Student Government to resolve the issues and resume it next fall.

Stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com as this story develops.

Matthew Bunch

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...