Sports Briefs

MEN’S TENNIS

No. 31 Miami won a pair of road weekend matches 4-3 against No. 48 N.C. State (9-13, 3-6) and No. 28 Wake Forest (16-7, 5-3).

Sophomore Keith Crowley clinched the first victory for the Hurricanes, while freshman Ignacio Taboada was the deciding factor in Winston-Salem, N.C. The Demon Deacons led the Canes 3-0 at one point during the match before Miami rallied with four straight singles wins.

TRACK/FIELD

Junior Mikese Morse reached a mark of 15.22 meters in the triple jump for the program’s second-best score at the Florida Relays this weekend, while junior Cory Nelms notched a qualifying time of 58.14 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles.

As part of the 16th-ranked women’s team, junior Kristy Whyte finished third with a time of 23.90 seconds in the 200-meter dash. The 4×400 relay team of Whyte, sophomore Ti’erra Brown, senior Krista Simkins and sophomore Tameka Jameson met a regional qualifying time as the third collegiate team to finish at 3:36.67.

Brown and Jameson also qualified for the 400-meter hurdles as the first and second women to cross the line.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

This was a neat idea that Peter King’s Monday Morning Quarterback website rolled out just as NFL tra ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...