Sports Briefs

MEN’S TENNIS

No. 31 Miami won a pair of road weekend matches 4-3 against No. 48 N.C. State (9-13, 3-6) and No. 28 Wake Forest (16-7, 5-3).

Sophomore Keith Crowley clinched the first victory for the Hurricanes, while freshman Ignacio Taboada was the deciding factor in Winston-Salem, N.C. The Demon Deacons led the Canes 3-0 at one point during the match before Miami rallied with four straight singles wins.

TRACK/FIELD

Junior Mikese Morse reached a mark of 15.22 meters in the triple jump for the program’s second-best score at the Florida Relays this weekend, while junior Cory Nelms notched a qualifying time of 58.14 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles.

As part of the 16th-ranked women’s team, junior Kristy Whyte finished third with a time of 23.90 seconds in the 200-meter dash. The 4×400 relay team of Whyte, sophomore Ti’erra Brown, senior Krista Simkins and sophomore Tameka Jameson met a regional qualifying time as the third collegiate team to finish at 3:36.67.

Brown and Jameson also qualified for the 400-meter hurdles as the first and second women to cross the line.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...