Sports Briefs

MEN’S TENNIS

No. 31 Miami won a pair of road weekend matches 4-3 against No. 48 N.C. State (9-13, 3-6) and No. 28 Wake Forest (16-7, 5-3).

Sophomore Keith Crowley clinched the first victory for the Hurricanes, while freshman Ignacio Taboada was the deciding factor in Winston-Salem, N.C. The Demon Deacons led the Canes 3-0 at one point during the match before Miami rallied with four straight singles wins.

TRACK/FIELD

Junior Mikese Morse reached a mark of 15.22 meters in the triple jump for the program’s second-best score at the Florida Relays this weekend, while junior Cory Nelms notched a qualifying time of 58.14 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles.

As part of the 16th-ranked women’s team, junior Kristy Whyte finished third with a time of 23.90 seconds in the 200-meter dash. The 4×400 relay team of Whyte, sophomore Ti’erra Brown, senior Krista Simkins and sophomore Tameka Jameson met a regional qualifying time as the third collegiate team to finish at 3:36.67.

Brown and Jameson also qualified for the 400-meter hurdles as the first and second women to cross the line.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...