Sports Briefs

MEN’S TENNIS

No. 31 Miami won a pair of road weekend matches 4-3 against No. 48 N.C. State (9-13, 3-6) and No. 28 Wake Forest (16-7, 5-3).

Sophomore Keith Crowley clinched the first victory for the Hurricanes, while freshman Ignacio Taboada was the deciding factor in Winston-Salem, N.C. The Demon Deacons led the Canes 3-0 at one point during the match before Miami rallied with four straight singles wins.

TRACK/FIELD

Junior Mikese Morse reached a mark of 15.22 meters in the triple jump for the program’s second-best score at the Florida Relays this weekend, while junior Cory Nelms notched a qualifying time of 58.14 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles.

As part of the 16th-ranked women’s team, junior Kristy Whyte finished third with a time of 23.90 seconds in the 200-meter dash. The 4×400 relay team of Whyte, sophomore Ti’erra Brown, senior Krista Simkins and sophomore Tameka Jameson met a regional qualifying time as the third collegiate team to finish at 3:36.67.

Brown and Jameson also qualified for the 400-meter hurdles as the first and second women to cross the line.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...