Sports Briefs

MEN’S TENNIS

No. 31 Miami won a pair of road weekend matches 4-3 against No. 48 N.C. State (9-13, 3-6) and No. 28 Wake Forest (16-7, 5-3).

Sophomore Keith Crowley clinched the first victory for the Hurricanes, while freshman Ignacio Taboada was the deciding factor in Winston-Salem, N.C. The Demon Deacons led the Canes 3-0 at one point during the match before Miami rallied with four straight singles wins.

TRACK/FIELD

Junior Mikese Morse reached a mark of 15.22 meters in the triple jump for the program’s second-best score at the Florida Relays this weekend, while junior Cory Nelms notched a qualifying time of 58.14 seconds in the 400-meter hurdles.

As part of the 16th-ranked women’s team, junior Kristy Whyte finished third with a time of 23.90 seconds in the 200-meter dash. The 4×400 relay team of Whyte, sophomore Ti’erra Brown, senior Krista Simkins and sophomore Tameka Jameson met a regional qualifying time as the third collegiate team to finish at 3:36.67.

Brown and Jameson also qualified for the 400-meter hurdles as the first and second women to cross the line.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...