Basketball

McClinton wins three point shootout

Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and University of Miami player Jack McClinton defeated Oakland University’s Erik Kangas in the final round of the 21st Annual State Farm Three-Point Championship.

McClinton edged out Kangas, 22-16, in the final round of the shootout to take home the three-point crown.

McClinton was one of the nation’s top eight three-point shooters who was selected to compete in the ESPN covered Thursday night event. Besides McClinton and Kangas, the other three-point shooters who competed were Jimmy Baron from Rhode Island, John Grotberg from Grinnell, Kyle McAlarney from Notre Dame, Craig Moore from Northwestern, Alex Ruoff from West Virginia and Booker Woodfox from Creighton.

This past season, McClinton led the ACC with 3.2 made three-pointers per game and a .453 three-point field goal percentage. McClinton has also led the ACC in three-pointers made per game for the last three seasons, and he is the ACC’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage, with a .440 percentage.

Pravin Patel

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “McClinton wins three point shootout”

1. Barbara says:

Give him an asterisk. Foot faults galore.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...