Basketball

McClinton wins three point shootout

Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and University of Miami player Jack McClinton defeated Oakland University’s Erik Kangas in the final round of the 21st Annual State Farm Three-Point Championship.

McClinton edged out Kangas, 22-16, in the final round of the shootout to take home the three-point crown.

McClinton was one of the nation’s top eight three-point shooters who was selected to compete in the ESPN covered Thursday night event. Besides McClinton and Kangas, the other three-point shooters who competed were Jimmy Baron from Rhode Island, John Grotberg from Grinnell, Kyle McAlarney from Notre Dame, Craig Moore from Northwestern, Alex Ruoff from West Virginia and Booker Woodfox from Creighton.

This past season, McClinton led the ACC with 3.2 made three-pointers per game and a .453 three-point field goal percentage. McClinton has also led the ACC in three-pointers made per game for the last three seasons, and he is the ACC’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage, with a .440 percentage.

Pravin Patel

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “McClinton wins three point shootout”

1. Barbara says:

Give him an asterisk. Foot faults galore.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...