Baseball

Canes rally, beat undefeated Cavaliers 4-3

After dropping the first of a three-game series on the road to No. 7 Virginia, the fourth-ranked Hurricanes rallied from a 3-0 deficit with a four-run seventh en route to a 4-3 win on Saturday afternoon at Davenport Field.

Shortstop Ryan Jackson’s two-run single proved to be the game winner for Miami (17-4, 6-2). Pinch hitter Ted Blackman also drove in a pair of runs earlier in the inning when he replaced Jonathan Weislow.

Right-hander Taylor Wulf (1-0) picked up his first victory as a Cane in relief of starter David Gutierrez, who allowed three runs, one of which was earned. Closer Kyle Bellamy picked up his fifth save with two scoreless innings to close out the game against the Cavaliers (19-1, 5-1).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...