Baseball

Canes rally, beat undefeated Cavaliers 4-3

After dropping the first of a three-game series on the road to No. 7 Virginia, the fourth-ranked Hurricanes rallied from a 3-0 deficit with a four-run seventh en route to a 4-3 win on Saturday afternoon at Davenport Field.

Shortstop Ryan Jackson’s two-run single proved to be the game winner for Miami (17-4, 6-2). Pinch hitter Ted Blackman also drove in a pair of runs earlier in the inning when he replaced Jonathan Weislow.

Right-hander Taylor Wulf (1-0) picked up his first victory as a Cane in relief of starter David Gutierrez, who allowed three runs, one of which was earned. Closer Kyle Bellamy picked up his fifth save with two scoreless innings to close out the game against the Cavaliers (19-1, 5-1).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...