Football

No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee

brown_front

BRYCE BROWN // scout.com

Miami’s months-long pursuit of No. 1 rates recruit Bryce Brown has ended, as Brown announced this afternoon from the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame in his hometown of Wichita that he would be signing with the University of Tennessee and new head coach Lane Kiffin.

The relationship between Brown and the Hurricanes has deteriorated ever since early last month, when Brown didn’t sign with the Hurricanes and kept his recruitment open, despite being “committed” tto the Hurricanes. Officials from the school have said in recent weeks that the school ended their recruiting of Brown and would not be offering him a scholarship.

Bryce is the little brother of current Miami linebaker Arthur Brown. Arthur has said that he would like to see his brother in Coral Gables, but that he would support his decision.

Matthew Bunch

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee”

1. joe says:

You should remove this from the paper and stop giving him any publictiy. The Canes will be better off without him!!

2. HappyCamper says:

Good riddance! We do not need a prima donna to adversely affect our team.

Go ‘Canes! Another NC on ’09!

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...