Football

No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee

brown_front

BRYCE BROWN // scout.com

Miami’s months-long pursuit of No. 1 rates recruit Bryce Brown has ended, as Brown announced this afternoon from the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame in his hometown of Wichita that he would be signing with the University of Tennessee and new head coach Lane Kiffin.

The relationship between Brown and the Hurricanes has deteriorated ever since early last month, when Brown didn’t sign with the Hurricanes and kept his recruitment open, despite being “committed” tto the Hurricanes. Officials from the school have said in recent weeks that the school ended their recruiting of Brown and would not be offering him a scholarship.

Bryce is the little brother of current Miami linebaker Arthur Brown. Arthur has said that he would like to see his brother in Coral Gables, but that he would support his decision.

Matthew Bunch

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...