Basketball

Miami basketball selected for NIT Tournament

Miami got denied the bid it wanted Sunday, but will still be playing postseason basketball.

The Canes will travel north to face an old Big East foe, as the National Invitational Tournament selection committee pitted Miami against the Providence Friars.

The game would normally be hosted by the higher-ranked team, but due to a conflict at the BankUnited Center, the No. 4 seeded Canes are traveling to Rhode Island to play the No. 5 seeded Friars. If Miami wins, they could face in-state rival Florida in Gainesville.

You can watch the game Wednesday at 7:30 on ESPN2 (campus channel 35).

Matthew Bunch

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...