TAMPA for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Busch Gardens is a popular tourist destination in Tampa Bay, featuring in-park dining, tours, animal exhibits and a variety of rides. Among the rides offered are Gwazi, the southeast’s largest and fastest double wooden roller coaster, and SheiKra, Florida’s tallest roller coaster. Animal attractions range from the Bird Gardens and Rhino Rally to a walking tour featuring hippos, hyenas, meerkats, vultures and a Nile crocodile. A Latin festival, Viva La Musica, takes place every Sunday in March with Grammy and Latin Grammy-award winning acts performing salsa and merengue; admission is included in park admission.

For students who want to spend spring break traveling to different theme parks, a multi-park pass may be the best decision. Multi-park passes include unlimited admission to the desired parks for up to 14 days, with the least expensive option at $89.95, combining Sea World in Orlando and Busch Gardens. Single day admission to Busch Gardens can be purchased online for $59.95, and includes a second visit for free.

Busch Gardens will be open from 9 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. for the weekends of March 14-15 and March 21-22, and hours for March 16-20 are from 9:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.

Lauren Shepherd

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...