KEY WEST for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

A spring break classic, Key West continues to draw throngs of tourists to its sunny shores. More than three hours away, this famous key is approximately 154 miles from Coral Gables but seems a world apart. Trade the trendy South Beach gear for simple shorts and flip-flops, and don’t forget to try some key lime pie. A day trip to Key West would not be complete without a classic trolley tour, lunch and shopping on Duval Street, and catching some rays. Popular beaches include Smathers Beach and Higg’s Beach. From pirate tours to Mallory Square and Ernest Hemingway’s stomping grounds, there is always something interesting to do. Boating, snorkeling, diving, and fishing are also popular attractions. A variety of eco-tours such as kayaking and glass-bottomed boats are encouraged for nature lovers. On Key West there is an attraction for everyone, even if it is just enjoying a beautiful sunset.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...