KEY WEST for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

A spring break classic, Key West continues to draw throngs of tourists to its sunny shores. More than three hours away, this famous key is approximately 154 miles from Coral Gables but seems a world apart. Trade the trendy South Beach gear for simple shorts and flip-flops, and don’t forget to try some key lime pie. A day trip to Key West would not be complete without a classic trolley tour, lunch and shopping on Duval Street, and catching some rays. Popular beaches include Smathers Beach and Higg’s Beach. From pirate tours to Mallory Square and Ernest Hemingway’s stomping grounds, there is always something interesting to do. Boating, snorkeling, diving, and fishing are also popular attractions. A variety of eco-tours such as kayaking and glass-bottomed boats are encouraged for nature lovers. On Key West there is an attraction for everyone, even if it is just enjoying a beautiful sunset.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...