KEY WEST for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

A spring break classic, Key West continues to draw throngs of tourists to its sunny shores. More than three hours away, this famous key is approximately 154 miles from Coral Gables but seems a world apart. Trade the trendy South Beach gear for simple shorts and flip-flops, and don’t forget to try some key lime pie. A day trip to Key West would not be complete without a classic trolley tour, lunch and shopping on Duval Street, and catching some rays. Popular beaches include Smathers Beach and Higg’s Beach. From pirate tours to Mallory Square and Ernest Hemingway’s stomping grounds, there is always something interesting to do. Boating, snorkeling, diving, and fishing are also popular attractions. A variety of eco-tours such as kayaking and glass-bottomed boats are encouraged for nature lovers. On Key West there is an attraction for everyone, even if it is just enjoying a beautiful sunset.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...