KEY LARGO for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Only an hour south of Coral Gables, Key Largo is hailed for its magnificent coral reefs located only a few miles offshore. Beneath its clear blue waters, many interesting sights can be found. The Key Largo Undersea Park is home to the world’s only underwater hotel, Jules’ Undersea Lodge. Visitors can also spend the day at the park, diving and snorkeling in the lagoon and learning about the marine research done at the MarineLab underwater education habitat. Key Largo is home to other interesting sights, such as the Caribbean Shipwreck Museum, Florida Keys Wild Bird Center, and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. For those Bogart and Hepburn fans, the vessel used in filming The African Queen may be viewed and offers rides to tourists. End the day at the Caribbean Club Bar, the only Florida Keys location where filming for the movie Key Largo took place. Sit on their outdoor patio and enjoy a cold beverage while listening to local talent and recount the day’s adventures in Key Largo.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...