AMELIA ISLAND for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI  

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Amelia Island, just 45 minutes outside of Jacksonville, is hosting its annual automotive charity event, Concours d’Elégance, at the Ritz-Carlton during the first weekend of spring break. The event is a weekend full of auctions and competitions for rare vintage cars that have been restored to mint condition by their owners, with the purpose of supporting charity organizations such as Community Hospice. The cars compete for best in show as judged by a panel of automotive experts who base their scores on the exterior appearance of the car, rather than the internal mechanics. The cars are judged on quality of restoration, authenticity and style. Though many of the events for the weekend are expensive and exclusive to members, Concours also offers inexpensive activities and some that are open and free to the public. Prices range from free to $300. Car buffs, try not to drool while gawking at the hundreds of rare beauties lining up in the Ritz. For more information, visit www.ameliaconcours.org

Carey Goldenberg

Senior EDGE Writer

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...